The great state of Maine has just created a new plan called Moving Maine Forward. The plan, according to Visit Maine is to establish “a clear timeframe to increase capacity limits for tourism. Effective immediately, residents of New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island may travel to Maine without providing a negative COVID-19 test result or quarantining. Compliance options for visitors from all other states have also been updated to include those who have completed a full COVID-19 vaccination or have had and recovered from COVID-19 at least 90 days prior to visiting.
Beginning May 1, 2021, Maine’s COVID-19 travel policy will automatically exempt all states, unless otherwise determined by the Maine CDC. If one or more states experiences a spike in cases of highly contagious COVID-19 variants, the Maine CDC will apply its test or quarantine requirements to travelers to and from that state.”
The Moving Maine Forward plan has also set some other target dates. There is a planned reopening date of March 26 for indoor service at bars, for example. For indoor gatherings, the percentage of capacity will increase to 50% starting March 26 and to 75% starting May 24. For outdoor gatherings, the percentage of capacity will increase to 75% starting March 26 and 100% starting May 24.
My sister Georgette, aka Georgie Jet, went on one of the only cruises to take place post-pandemic last year and it was a six-day sailing trip in Maine on the Schooner Stephen Taber. She highly recommends it so read all about it.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.