This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Without a doubt, two of the most important products to bring on a plane are a comfortable eye mask and good earplugs. It’s the secret to a great sleep, especially during Covid when you might just want to get on the plane, fall asleep and wake up when you’re on the ground.
Everyone is different, so everyone has their own favorite but my personal choice for a travel sleep mask is this Lewis & Clark mask. It is super soft and so comfortable, it puts me to sleep in no time. But it’s not 100% blackout so if you’re looking for something that blocks out all light, consider a Manta sleep mask. It doesn’t apply direct pressure on your eyes and offers total blackout. My sister-in-law says this mask was life-changing for her, not just for travel but at home, too. She suffers from migraines and says this mask gives her the complete darkness and comfort she needs when her head is throbbing. For women, it’s also worth noting that the fully adjustable eye cups are raised off the face so won’t smudge eye makeup.
The good folks at Manta sent me one to try, and I have to say that I really like it. Here are the main features of this sleep mask:
- 100% blackout: Adjustable eye cups mold perfectly to your face to block 100% of light. True blackout unlocks maximum deep sleep in any environment and any position
- No eye pressure: Fully adjustable, extra-deep eye cups allow you to blink like you’re not wearing a sleeping mask
- Totally breathable: The interior of the Manta sleep eye mask is made with cotton for maximum breathability. This means your face is kept cool and won’t overheat on warm nights.
- Won’t tickle your nose: The adjustable eye contours mold to your face shape and won’t tickle your nose like conventional sleep masks do.
- No slipping: Silicone grip pads prevent your Manta sleep mask from slipping off your face mid-snooze.
- Soft elasticized headband: Manta’s headband is elasticized in two places, allowing it to stretch to fit around your head. Limiting the elastic to two small sections is a unique design, which prevents the entire band from stretching loose with use. The strap is made out of plush velour, so it’s soft and comfortable against your head and ears.
- No more pain: Forget Velcro straps that rip your hair out! Manta utilizes micro Velcro, which doesn’t stick to hair.
- No makeup smudge: Don’t stress about reapplying your makeup when you take a quick power nap during the day. Manta leaves your eyes untouched, so you’ll wake up looking like a million bucks.
- Lightweight: Manta sleeping eye mask weighs only 30 grams.
Have you tried the Manta Sleep Mask? What’s your favorite mask to travel with? Share in the comments below!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.