This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
To complete the Marriott and Starwood Preferred Guest merger, Marriott and Chase launched the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card. New cardholders can earn 3 Free Nights (each night valued up to 50,000 points) after qualifying purchases, plus 10x total points on eligible purchases in select categories.
Learn more: Hotel Rewards Credit Cards
This card also shares its name with the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program. The streamlined loyalty program replaced the existing Marriott Rewards, Ritz-Carlton Rewards, and Starwood Preferred Guest rewards programs on February 13, 2019.
Marriot Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card replaced the premium Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card.
Card benefits for the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card are similar to the Premier Plus. But there are a few benefits that align with the Marriott Bonvoy rewards structure. There are also some extra Chase mobile app benefits the Premier Plus doesn’t offer.
Chase Co-Brand Cards President Leslie Gillin describes the Bonvoy Card as follows:
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card is packed with perks – including high earn potential, thousands of places to stay under the Marriott Bonvoy program, ways to get to Elite status faster and unique offers – all with a name, look and easier way to pay with contactless.
-Leslie Gillin, Chase Co-Brand Cards President
As a cardmember, you can also enjoy free in-room premium Wi-Fi at Marriott Bonvoy properties. Other Silver Elite benefits include 10% bonus points on stays, priority late checkout, and no blackout dates on free night awards.
You also have access to exclusive experiences using the Premium Experience Events platform. Marriott is partnering with leading brands including the NCAA, the Oscars, and Coachella for unique experiences.
A way to save money while earning Marriott Bonvoy points is through exclusive Chase shopping partner discounts. Inside the Chase mobile app, you can link shopping offers to your card. These offers help you save money at retail and restaurant brands.
You can also lock or unlock your card from inside the app. For added security, the Bonvoy card also supports Chase contactless payments. Both of these features can prevent credit card fraud.
New cardholders can earn 3 Free Nights (each night valued up to 50,000 points) after qualifying purchases, plus 10x total points on eligible purchases in select categories.
Additionally, you’ll earn up to 17x Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
All other purchases earn 2x Bonvoy points per $1 spent.
This bonus is worth several free nights at Category 1 properties. Or you can bank your points at exotic locations, including Fiji. You can redeem your points at Bonvoy properties across the world for free nights and local excursions.
The card has no foreign transaction fees but it does have an annual fee of $95.
Learn more: Hotel Rewards Credit Cards
Other Marriott Credit Card Changes
Expect changes to the two other co-brand Marriott Rewards credit cards. The changes below went into effect on February 13, 2019, when the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program rolled out.
More About Marriott Bonvoy
The rebranded loyalty program is the final step of the Marriott-SPG merger. With Bonvoy, you can earn and redeem points at Marriott, Ritz-Carlton, and Starwood Preferred Guest properties. Right now, there are over 7,000 participating properties you can book with points.
Another fun option is the Marriott Bonvoy Moments offering 120,000 destination tours and adventures. There are five Elite Tiers in the Bonvoy loyalty program. You can also earn bonus points with the Chase and American Express co-brand credit cards.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.