Marriott International recently revealed a new ad campaign called “Golden Rule” that it hopes will bring together guests around its brands and associates. The campaign features four of Marriott’s classic select brands—Courtyard by Marriott, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn & Suites, and Four Points by Sheraton—showcasing ways in which associates have made a difference for guests. In the 60-second “Human” spot (above) and others, the brand tells real stories from hotel associates.
“The ‘Golden Rule’ campaign personifies how our associates fundamentally go beyond making one’s bed to making someone’s day,” said Paige Francis, Vice President Global Brand Marketing. “With these four brands comprising a third of Marriott’s portfolio, we use our powerhouse status to celebrate human connections, whether it’s in Seattle or Singapore.”
In addition to airing four ad spots on major TV networks, the campaign has a digital-only component located on the Golden Rule website that features associate stories filmed with actual guests. In the future, Marriott plans to expand the campaign to include a documentary series to share more examples of how their associates enrich lives.
Let’s face it: I will always be a fan of the brand campaign “ArtNight” by SpringHill Suites. Bring it back! But it does make sense to market several brands at once in this way now that the company is 30-brands deep. And what a thoughtful, heartwarming campaign to lead with. Take a look and share your thoughts in the comments!
Check out all the ad spots and videos at goldenrule.marriott.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.