Marriott International recently revealed a new ad campaign called “Golden Rule” that it hopes will bring together guests around its brands and associates. The campaign features four of Marriott’s classic select brands—Courtyard by Marriott, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn & Suites, and Four Points by Sheraton—showcasing ways in which associates have made a difference for guests. In the 60-second “Human” spot (above) and others, the brand tells real stories from hotel associates.
“The ‘Golden Rule’ campaign personifies how our associates fundamentally go beyond making one’s bed to making someone’s day,” said Paige Francis, Vice President Global Brand Marketing. “With these four brands comprising a third of Marriott’s portfolio, we use our powerhouse status to celebrate human connections, whether it’s in Seattle or Singapore.”
In addition to airing four ad spots on major TV networks, the campaign has a digital-only component located on the Golden Rule website that features associate stories filmed with actual guests. In the future, Marriott plans to expand the campaign to include a documentary series to share more examples of how their associates enrich lives.
Let’s face it: I will always be a fan of the brand campaign “ArtNight” by SpringHill Suites. Bring it back! But it does make sense to market several brands at once in this way now that the company is 30-brands deep. And what a thoughtful, heartwarming campaign to lead with. Take a look and share your thoughts in the comments!
Check out all the ad spots and videos at goldenrule.marriott.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.