This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Some people may be starting to plan fall trips and are looking for a place to stay. If you want to make hotel travel more rewarding, check out this limited-time Marriott status match. It’s possible to get Marriott Bonvoy Gold or Platinum Elite status through February 2022.
How This Marriott Bonvoy Status Match Works
This Marriott Bonvoy status match is for a limited time. The closing date depends on how many travelers enroll in the match. Thankfully, enrolling is easy and you can likely qualify if you have elite status with another loyalty program.
Marriott requires these two “proofs” to get instant matching status:
- Qualifying elite status with another hotel loyalty program
- Have a stay within the last 12 months
Depending on which Marriott Bonvoy status you qualify for, you will need to either stay seven (Gold Elite) or fifteen days (Platinum Elite) within 90 days of enrolling. Doing so extends your Marriott Bonvoy elite status through February 2022.
You can start the enrollment process here.
Marriott Bonvoy states that it can take a few days to verify your qualifying elite status. After verifying your status, Marriott upgrades your Bonvoy status tier to Gold or Platinum. You have up to 90 days from this point to meet the minimum 7-night (Gold Elite) or 15-night (Platinum Elite) stay requirements.
If you complete the status match, your stays count toward Lifetime status with Bonvoy Elite.
Qualifying Loyalty Programs
If you’re an elite member with one of these four loyalty programs, you can earn reciprocal Marriott Bonvoy status.
Below are the qualifying elite status tiers to get Gold or Platinum Elite in Marriott Bonvoy with the Marriott status match:
- Hilton Honors Gold = Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
- Hilton Honors Diamond = Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
- World of Hyatt Explorist = Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
- World of Hyatt Globalist = Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
- Accor Live Limitless Gold = Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
- Accor Live Limitless Platinum = Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
- IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite = Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
- IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite = Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Most of the status matches are for Platinum Elite status in Marriott Bonvoy, meaning you will need to stay 15 nights within the 90-day challenge window.
Having World of Hyatt Explorist status or IHG Platinum Elite status (the automatic status level for their co-brand hotel credit cards with an annual fee), you qualify for Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status and only need to stay 7 nights.
Once again, the status match timer starts when Marriott Bonvoy upgrades your Bonvoy status. If you don’t achieve the status match, your Bonvoy status reverts to its previous level.
Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Benefits
It normally takes 25 nights per year to reach Gold Elite status (unless you own the Platinum Card® from American Express or a qualifying co-brand Marriott Bonvoy credit card). You only need to stay 7 nights in 90 days to reach Gold during this match.
Your key Gold Elite benefits include:
- 25% bonus points on stays
- 2 p.m. late checkout
- Enhanced room upgrades (when available)
- Enhanced in-room internet
- Welcome gift of either 250 or 500 points (varies by brand)
Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite Benefits
Reaching Platinum Elite typically requires 50 nights but you only need 14 nights in 90 days.
Key Platinum Elite benefits include:
- 50% bonus points on stays
- Space-available room upgrades (including Select Suites)
- Welcome gift of bonus points, breakfast or amenity
- Hotel lounge access
- 4 p.m. late checkout
- Enhanced in-room internet speed
- Annual gift choice with at least 50 qualifying nights per year
Booking Your Marriott Stays
In addition to getting elite Marriott Bonvoy status through February 2022, booking 7 or 15 nights can be a perfect time to maximize your travel rewards. You might pay for your nights with cash to earn rewards points.
Off-peak award nights start at 5,000 points at Category 1 properties.
Admittedly, your credit card points can still be worth more for award flights. But getting elite Bonvoy Status for the next year can be worth the transfer.
Summary of the Marriott Status Match
This Marriott Bonvoy status match is worth paying attention too if you need help reaching elite status this year and stay at Marriott properties regularly. If you have a qualifying status with another loyalty program and can meet the 90-day stay challenge, your travel in 2021 can be more rewarding.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.