This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
As most of us continue to work from home indefinitely, the makeshift home office isn’t ideal for an important video conference. If your entire family is at home as well, the continual distractions can reduce your productivity. When you need to escape the office, a Marriott Work Anywhere offering can be the perfect change of scenery.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
What is Marriott Work Anywhere?
Marriott is offering three different “Work Anywhere” passes that let you rent a hotel room as an office. It’s possible to rent a standard room for the day or overnight. At some locations, you have access to a semi-private workspace or a conference room.
While the Marriott Work Anywhere Day Pass doesn’t include an overnight stay, you get access to a private hotel room from 6 AM to 6 PM. The guest room includes a private bathroom, a functional desk, and exposure to natural light.
All guests enjoy these perks:
- Enhanced WiFi
- Complimentary bottled water
- Free on-property business services (printing, fax, and scanning equipment)
Marriott Bonvoy members can enjoy these exclusive benefits:
- Complimentary snacks
- Earn 10 Bonvoy points per $1 on eligible charges (Element, Residence Inn, and TownePlace Suites hotels earn 5 points per $1)
- Lounge access for Platinum Elite, Titanium Elite, and Ambassador Elite members (where available)
- Gift shop discount of 10% on retail purchases (at participating Marriott-operated gift shops)
Depending on the property, Day Pass bookings may not qualify for Elite Night Credits or select Elite Status benefits. These exclusions can vary by property.
You can book a Marriott Day Pass in these cities (so far):
- New York
- Kuala Lumpur
- Hong Kong
The Day Pass offering is extending to select properties in Europe, the Middle East, and Latin America in the future.
For overnight stays, look for hotels offering a Stay Pass. Over 2,000 hotels worldwide currently offer a Stay Pass.
With this offering, you essentially book a hotel night with late checkout. You get to stay in a standard room the night before and use it as an office through 6 PM.
In addition to the standard Day Pass benefits, you get these perks:
- $10 on-property food and beverage credit (for restaurants and room service)
- Unlimited access to public spaces, hotel amenities, and fitness facilities (where available)
- Mobile check-in and mobile room key (where available)
Additionally, Stay Pass reservations earn Marriott Bonvoy points and Elite Night credits.
The Marriott Play Pass is for bleisure travelers. You can travel solo or bring the family along to warm climates and exotic destinations such as Hawaii, Cancun, Bali, and Tenerife (Spain).
This premium pass gives you booking access to semi-private workspaces and meeting rooms.
Additional Play Pass perks include business concierge services and supervised kids’ activities.
Like the Stay Pass, Marriott Bonvoy members of all levels can earn Bonvoy points and Elite Night credits for this Work Anywhere booking tier.
Play Pass destinations that Americans can currently travel include:
Earn More Marriott Bonvoy Points and Elite Status Perks
If you have Marriott Bonvoy elite status, these Work Anywhere passes can help you retain your status through 2022. Not to mention, getting away can restore your sanity and help you regain “employee of the month status.”
Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card
Business travelers can appreciate the extra boost from the Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card. Cardholders enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status.
Plus, receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when booking directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
For a limited time, new Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card cardholders can earn 100,000 Bonus Points after spending $4,000 in purchases on their new Card within their first 3 months of Card Membership. The offer expires on 11/2/22.
Other card benefits for Marriott stays include:
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy® program
- 4x points at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers, and on U.S. purchases for shipping
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases
- Premium on-property internet access
- 15 Elite Night credits towards the next level of Marriott Bonvoy elite status
Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card cardholders can receive 1 Free Night Award annually after their Card renewal month. Plus, they can earn an additional Free Night Award after spending $60k in purchases on their Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy® points) at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®. Certain hotels have resort fees.
The annual fee for this card is $125 (See Rates & Fees). Terms apply.
Consumer Marriott Credit Cards
Additionally, a co-brand Marriott Bonvoy credit card (consumer or business) can help you earn extra points and other Elite Status perks. Work Anywhere privileges can be the icing on the cake for your next stay.
Whether you get a Day Pass or stay overnight, having a Marriott Bonvoy credit card lets you get accelerated loyalty status and earn bonus points on every purchase.
For instance, the premium Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card has a $650 Annual Fee and no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees). However, this annual fee can be offset by the card perks.
Other featured benefits include 1 Free Night Award (redemption level at or under 85,000 points) annually after your card renewal month at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties (some hotels have resort fees), up to $100 property credit for qualifying charges at The Ritz-Carlton® or St. Regis® when you book direct using a special rate for a two-night minimum stay using your Card, and complimentary Priority Pass Select airport lounge access.
Each card renewal year, get up to $300 in statement credits per calendar year (up to $25 per month) for eligible purchases at restaurants worldwide.
Additionally, cardholders can enjoy a fee credit for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry, up to $800 in cellphone protection, and 25 Elite Night Credits toward the next level of Marriott Bonvoy Elite status (terms apply).
- 6x points for each dollar of eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program
- 3x points at restaurants worldwide
- 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases
Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite members earn 50% more points on eligible purchases at participating hotels for each U.S. dollar (or the currency equivalent) that is incurred and paid for by the member.
Additionally, after spending $60,000 on eligible purchases each calendar year, cardholders are eligible to select an Earned Choice Award benefit, which includes 5 Suite Night Awards, an 85k Free Night Award, and a mattress and box spring $750 discount from Marriott Bonvoy Boutiques.
New Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card cardholders can earn 150,000 bonus points after using their new Card to make $5,000 in purchases on the Card within the first 3 months.
Learn more: Hotel Rewards Credit Cards
In conclusion, hotels are finding ways that make it easier for elite Marriott Bonvoy business travelers to enjoy some of the best Marriott properties for work and leisure. When you can take your work on the road, the Marriott Bonvoy Work Anywhere passes are an excellent excuse to escape your home office.
- The Best Hotel Credit Cards
- Earn Airline Elite Status Through Credit Card Spending
- The Best Travel Slippers To Keep You Happy When On The Road
For rates and fees of the Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card, please click here.
For rates and fees of the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, please click here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.