This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
As most of us continue to work from home indefinitely, the makeshift home office isn’t ideal for an important video conference. If your entire family is at home as well, the continual distractions can reduce your productivity. When you need to escape the office, a Marriott Work Anywhere offering can be the perfect change of scenery.
What is Marriott Work Anywhere?
Marriott is offering three different “Work Anywhere” passes that let you rent a hotel room as an office. It’s possible to rent a standard room for the day or overnight. At some locations, you have access to a semi-private workspace or a conference room.
While the Marriott Work Anywhere Day Pass doesn’t include an overnight stay, you get access to a private hotel room from 6 AM to 6 PM. The guest room includes a private bathroom, a functional desk, and exposure to natural light.
All guests enjoy these perks:
- Enhanced WiFi
- Complimentary bottled water
- Free on-property business services (printing, fax, and scanning equipment)
Marriott Bonvoy members can enjoy these exclusive benefits:
- Complimentary snacks
- Earn 10 Bonvoy points per $1 on eligible charges (Element, Residence Inn, and TownePlace Suites hotels earn 5 points per $1)
- Lounge access for Platinum Elite, Titanium Elite, and Ambassador Elite members (where available)
- Gift shop discount of 10% on retail purchases (at participating Marriott-operated gift shops)
Depending on the property, Day Pass bookings may not qualify for Elite Night Credits or select Elite Status benefits. These exclusions can vary by property.
You can book a Marriott Day Pass in these cities (so far):
- New York
- Kuala Lumpur
- Hong Kong
The Day Pass offering is extending to select properties in Europe, the Middle East, and Latin America in the future.
For overnight stays, look for hotels offering a Stay Pass. Over 2,000 hotels worldwide currently offer a Stay Pass.
With this offering, you essentially book a hotel night with late checkout. You get to stay in a standard room the night before and use it as an office through 6 PM.
In addition to the standard Day Pass benefits, you get these perks:
- $10 on-property food and beverage credit (for restaurants and room service)
- Unlimited access to public spaces, hotel amenities, and fitness facilities (where available)
- Mobile check-in and mobile room key (where available)
Additionally, Stay Pass reservations earn Marriott Bonvoy points and Elite Night credits.
The Marriott Play Pass is for bleisure travelers. You can travel solo or bring the family along to warm climates and exotic destinations such as Hawaii, Cancun, Bali, and Tenerife (Spain).
This premium pass gives you booking access to semi-private workspaces and meeting rooms.
Additional Play Pass perks include business concierge services and supervised kids’ activities.
Like the Stay Pass, Marriott Bonvoy members of all levels can earn Bonvoy points and Elite Night credits for this Work Anywhere booking tier.
Play Pass destinations that Americans can currently travel include:
Earn More Marriott Bonvoy Points and Elite Status Perks
If you have Marriott Bonvoy elite status, these Work Anywhere passes can help you retain your status through 2022. Not to mention, getting away can restore your sanity and help you regain “employee of the month status.”
Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card
Business travelers can appreciate the extra boost from the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card.
First, new cardholders can earn an enticing welcome bonus of 100,000 Marriott Bonvoy points (worth up to 20 award nights) by spending 5,000 during the first 3 months. Additionally, enjoy up to $150 back in statement credits for eligible U.S. advertising purchases for the first 6 months.
New cardmembers can also enjoy instant Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite Status for one year (February 01, 2021-January 31, 2022). This status level lets you enjoy lounge access with your Work Anywhere stays. These bonus offers expire on January 13, 2021.
Other card benefits for Marriott stays include:
- 6x Bonvoy points on Marriott purchases at participating properties
- 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers, and on U.S. purchases for shipping
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases
- Premium on-property internet access
- 15 Elite Night credits towards the next level of Marriott Bonvoy elite status
- 1 free night award each card anniversary (participating properties at 35,000 points or less)
Cardholders can earn an additional free night award (redemption level up to 35,000 points) after spending $60,000 in purchases in a calendar year. However, note that certain hotels have resort fees. The annual fee for this card is $125 (See Rates & Fees).
Consumer Marriott Credit Cards
Additionally, a co-brand Marriott Bonvoy credit card (consumer or business) can help you earn extra points and other Elite Status perks. Work Anywhere privileges can be the icing on the cake for your next stay.
Whether you get a Day Pass or stay overnight, having a Marriott Bonvoy credit card lets you get accelerated loyalty status and earn bonus points on every purchase.
For instance, the premium Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card has a $450 annual fee and no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees). However, this annual fee can be offset by the card perks. It comes with a $300 annual Marriott statement credit and automatic Gold Elite status. Cardholders earn:
- 6 Bonvoy points per $1 on eligible Marriott purchases
- 3 points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines
- 2 points on all other eligible purchases.
Additionally, you get one free night award each account anniversary valid at participating properties, up to 50,000 points. Unlimited airport lounge visits with Priority Pass Select membership is also included.
New cardholders can earn up to 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy points! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 25,000 bonus points after your first account anniversary. New cardholders can also enjoy complimentary Platinum Elite status for the 2021 status year. These offers expire on 01/13/2021.
Learn more: Hotel Rewards Credit Cards
In conclusion, hotels are finding ways that make it easier for elite Marriott Bonvoy business travelers to enjoy some of the best Marriott properties for work and leisure. When you can take your work on the road, the Marriott Bonvoy Work Anywhere passes are an excellent excuse to escape your home office.
- The Best Hotel Credit Cards for 2020
- Earn Airline Elite Status Through Credit Card Spending
- The Best Travel Slippers To Keep You Happy When On The Road
For rates and fees of the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, please click here.
For rates and fees of the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, please click here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.