Michelin-starred restaurants, and especially three-Michelin-starred restaurants, are considered among the best restaurants in the world. But it hasn’t always been this way. Per Wikipedia, “The guide was originally developed in 1900 to show French drivers where local amenities such as restaurants and mechanics were, the rating system was first introduced in 1926 as a single star, with the second and third stars introduced in 1933.”
Today, Michelin-starred restaurants inspire people to travel across over the world (here Michelin’s own tool that sorts all its rated restaurants) for their food. What I didn’t realize, however, is that not all Michelin-starred restaurants are crazy expensive. Travel site Traveloka did an amazing job rounding up the 50 cheapest ones and sorting them by location, price, and type of meal. Below are the 10 cheapest Michelin-starred restaurants as ranked by Traveloka, plus the location and the price of a dish at each. See the page for more!
1. Liao Fan Hong Kong Soya Sauce Chicken Rice & Noodle
2. Tim Ho Wan
Seoul, South Korea
4. Chugokusai S.Sawada
5. Jay Fai
6. Ginza Ibuki
7. Three Coins
8. Lao Zheng Xing
9. L’Antic Moli
El Castell, Spain
10. Al’s Place
San Francisco, USA
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.