One of my New Year’s resolutions is to slow down and be more calm. It seems the Calm app (iOS and Android)—one of Apple’s apps of the year for 2017—is the perfect starting point. Its premium version is not cheap at $59 for a year’s subscription, but there’s a free version and a seven-day free trial of the paid, upgraded version. From the App Store description: Calm brings “more clarity, joy and peace to your daily life.” If true—and judging by all of the positive comments and press—I’m guessing it is. After all, one doctor’s appointment will cost you much more than $59.
If you’re having trouble sleeping or with anxiety, give Calm a whirl. It’s rated as Apple’s number-one app for mindfulness and meditation. Calm offers guided meditations, Sleep Stories, breathing programs, and relaxing music and it’s been recommended by top psychologists and mental health experts to help you de-stress. Guided meditation sessions are available in lengths of three, five, 10, 15, 20, and 25 minutes so you can choose the perfect length to fit your schedule. Topics include, via the App Store:
- Calming Anxiety
- Managing Stress
- Deep Sleep
- Focus and Concentration
- Breaking Habits
- Body Scan
- Commuting to work or school
- Mindfulness at College
- Walking meditation
- Calm Kids
- And so much more…
- Daily Calm: a new 10-minute program added daily to help ease you into the day or unwind with before bed
- 60+ Sleep Stories: adult bedtime stories guaranteed to lull you to sleep
- 7 day and 21 programs for both beginner and advanced users
- Breathing exercises to relax
- Exclusive music engineered to help you focus, relax or sleep
- Unguided timed meditation
- Open-ended meditation
- 30+ soothing nature sounds and scenes to use during meditation, yoga or to help you sleep
Even The New York Times loves this app. Its reviewer was quoted as saying, “I’m generally wary of meditation apps because they sometimes weave in too much mystic talk for my taste. But Calm instead contains guidance like ‘Concentrate on your body.’”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.