This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
If your daily drive involves a General Motors product or in the market for a new car, you might consider the My GM Rewards Card™. This card earns rewards points that can make your next vehicle purchase or lease more affordable. This card also provides several benefits that can make this an excellent card for commuting or road trips. Here’s our review of the My GM Rewards Card.
My GM Rewards Card Review
The My GM Rewards Card™ is available from Marcus by Goldman Sachs and has a $0 annual fee and a $0 foreign transaction fee (See Rates & Fees). It’s a Mastercard World Elite® benefits product, ideal for GM households.
Some of the featured card benefits include earning up to 7x rewards points on purchases and Automatic Gold Tier status within the My GM Rewards loyalty program.
15,000 Bonus Points Signup Offer
New My GM Rewards Card™ card members can earn 15,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 in their first 3 months.
Redeem towards a new GM vehicle purchase or lease with no limit. Choose from Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, or Cadillac.
Earn Up to 7x Points
Earn unlimited 7x total points per $1 spent with GM when you use your My GM Rewards Card on qualifying purchases, including on paid GM Certified Service, GM Genuine Parts and ACDelco Parts, eligible accessories, and most OnStar® and Connected Services plans.
All remaining purchases earn 4 points per $1, everywhere, every day. This is the only U.S. co-branded $0 annual fee card that offers unlimited 4x points on all purchases!
Essentially, every purchase gives you 7% or 4% points back for your next GM vehicle.
Each point is worth approximately one cent when you redeem them for a new vehicle purchase or lease for these brands:
GM Certified Pre Owned Vehicles are also eligible for the maximum redemption value. It’s also possible to redeem your points for gift cards to participating brands.
Your points won’t expire as long as your account remains in good standing.
Annual $100 Statement Credit
Each year, Gold and Platinum Cardmembers can receive a $100 card statement credit after making $1,500 in fuel purchases per calendar year. Or, get a $100 statement credit by paying 6 months of electric bills per calendar year for a registered GM electric vehicle owner.
$50 Vehicle Detailing Allowance
You can also receive an annual allowance worth $50 in detailing at participating GM dealerships. This benefit is available each calendar year. Simply use your My GM Rewards Card™ for vehicle detailing to enjoy this benefit.
Automatic Gold Tier Status
Cardmembers also receive automatic My GM Rewards Gold Tier loyalty status.
This is the mid-tier status level and your benefits can include redeeming unlimited points for a new vehicle purchase or lease. Gold Tier members can also redeem up to $1,000 in points for pre-owned vehicle purchases or up to $250 in certified service and accessories.
You can also receive special offers to help save money on vehicle ownership.
Customized Card Design
Cardholders can choose a card design for their favorite GM brand. The options include Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, or Cadillac.
Along with multiple card designs, you can enjoy the convenience of a virtual card. The Marcus App provides a virtual card number that can be easier and more secure than punching in your physical card details for online purchases.
Additional Card Benefits
The My GM Rewards Card™ also features these additional perks:
- Mastercard World Elite benefits: Discounts and credits for dining, entertainment, travel, and experiences. Up to $800 in complimentary cell phone protection (after a $50 deductible) is also standard.
- Marcus Insights: Free financial tools and trackers that can provide personalized insights by analyzing your financial accounts.
No Annual Fee
The My GM Rewards Card has a $0 annual fee and a $0 foreign transaction fee (See Rates & Fees).
There are also no balance transfer or cash advance fees but interest charges may apply.
You might consider this card as an alternative to a cash back credit card if you’re a General Motors enthusiast as you can earn more points on purchases. While you must be patient with redeeming your points, you can enjoy up to $150 in annual credits and unlock other exclusive GM benefits.
- Why You Should Think About Trying For The Citi Premier Card
- Credit Cards With an Annual Free Hotel Night Reward
- Always Do This Before Renting a Car
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.