This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
These days I do almost everything digitally, except for one thing: write in my plush leather travel journal. I buy one every year and have been doing so since the 1990s. If you ever sit next to me on a plane, you’ll see that the moment I take my seat, I open up my travel journal and begin writing like a madman. I write the destination, date, airline, type of aircraft, seat number, listed departure time, actual departure time, flight time, miles, what I did on the trip, where I ate, how much I spent, transportation modes, weather, and so on.
I know it’s kind of Rainman-esque, but I began doing it when I was afraid to fly as it helped me focus my mind on something else. Now, it helps me remember all the details of my trip and makes for a great keepsake. I discovered World Travel Journals at Barney’s New York but now I can buy it online at Amazon. The 320-page World Travel Journals make great gifts, too, since they have 76 pages of maps (all continents, Pacific, Polar regions, Caribbean, and city maps of major cities from around the world). There’s a directory of foreign embassies in the U.S., international air distances, country specific information (capital, currency, language, religion), and a whole lot more. You can also personalize them; mine reads “Johnny Jet” on the bottom-right-hand corner. They come in different colors and they are 4-3/8″ x 6″ in size. They cost $50.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.