While staying at Hotel Valley Ho I was offered a 60-minute Honey Ginger Myofascial Release ($150 + 20% service charge) at VH Spa. I had no idea what that entailed so when Jennifer my master masseuse told me they use “Bee pollen, propolis, royal jelly, honey, and ginger to detoxify the body, strengthen the immune system, and reduce inflammation” it sounded pretty good. The massage focuses on the myofascial skin layer that wraps the muscle. It’s not a deep-tissue massage, yet highly effective.
-Jennifer put honey all over my back and rolled my skin
-The room was lit with special candles which she used later to pour the candle wax on me
-She placed a mask on me during the facial which she gave me afterwards to take home as it could be used a couple more times
-At the end of the treatment she pulled my robe out of an oven so it was nice and toasty
-The spa has 8 treatment rooms and the only disappointment was that the lockers (and rooms) were stocked with either old or rough towels
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.