Mark your calendars, business travelers: April 24 is National Business Traveler Day (#NBTD).
If you’ve never heard of #NBTD, that’s likely because 2018 will be its first year in existence. Upside—the neat tool for DIY business travelers I wrote about here—is among the lead sponsors of the day, which according to the press release was conceived as one “of recognition and appreciation for business travelers nationwide.”
In the run-up to April 24, two dozen business-travel-related brands—Upside, United Airlines, XpresSpa, Hertz, Mastercard, Uber for Business, 1-800-flowers.com, 24 Hour Fitness, Audible, BARK, Blue Bottle Coffee, Global Business Travel Association, Hudson Group, iHeartMedia, iPass, JetBlue, Journy, LATAM Airlines, LoungeBuddy, The Points Guy, THNKS, and UNTUCKit—will be offering prizes and live events in support of #NBTD. The big things to know about:
- The Business Traveler Dream Sweepstakes — Between now and May 18, you can enter to win free upgrades to first class (up to $5,000 worth a year) for 20 years; two roundtrip business class tickets from United; $5,000 in Hertz rental car credits; $25,000 worth of gift cards MasterCard; and more. Enter to win here.
- Special offers — The supporting brands above will be supporting #NBTD with special offers/etc. on their own products. Click here for a roundup of brand-specific #NBTD pages (below the contest info).
- The Greatest Business Trips in History bracket — This is pretty fun. Thirty-two (32) of “the greatest business trips in history”—think the Apollo 11 mission, Shackleton’s 1916 expedition and several firsts in flight—have been placed in a March Madness-style bracket. Pick a winner in each head-to-head matchup until you have an overall champion—and if you most closely predict the bracket outcome, you’ll win $5,000. Fill out a bracket here.
- Upside offers — On an Upside-specific note, if you’d like to try it, using my referral code—JOHNNYJET—will still get you an extra $100 added to your Upside Gift Card Hub once you complete your first Upside business trip! Click here to see the offer.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.