Today, November 19, marks the release of a new and beautiful coffee-table book from National Geographic. It’s aptly called “National Geographic Atlas of the National Parks,” and it’s authored by Jonathan Waterman. In addition to detailed maps, the book includes beautiful photographs, statistics, and even legends and backstories for each park. In fact, it’s the first book of its kind, and it’s now available for purchase on Amazon for $65.
“National Geographic Atlas of the National Parks” by Jon Waterman ($65 on Amazon)
Here’s the description direct from Amazon:
“The first book of its kind, this stunning atlas showcases America’s spectacular park system from coast to coast, richly illustrated with an inspiring and informative collection of maps, graphics, and photographs.
“From the white sand beaches of Dry Tortugas to the snowy peaks of Denali, this captivating book combines authoritative park maps with hundreds of graphics and photographs to tell the stories of America’s sixty one beloved national parks. Former ranger and author Jonathan Waterman introduces readers to the country’s scenic reserves and highlights the extraordinary features that distinguish each: magnificent landmarks, thriving ecosystems, representative wildlife, fascinating histories, and more. With striking imagery and state-of-the-art graphics reflecting details of wildlife, climate, culture, archaeology, recreation, and more, this lush reference provides an up-close look at what makes these lands so special–and so uniquely American. A heartfelt foreword from National Geographic CEO Gary Knell reminds us how important these lands are to our lives and our national pride.”
More National Parks
- Travel Book of the Week: “Barrier Free Travel: Glacier, Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks”
- The Hidden Worlds of the National Parks
- Every National Park Has Its Own App
- How to Keep Up with National Park Events and Celebrations
- Travel Book of the Week: “National Geographic Guide to National Parks of the United States, 8th Edition”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.