As I’ve written before, there is finally a light at the end of this dark tunnel but due to new virus strains and the slow rollout of vaccines, it just got a little bit longer before we get there. But everyone is predicting that we will be traveling again by mid-summer, which is one of the many reasons why you might want to consider booking a trip today. Besides, It’s National Plan for Vacation Day (the last Tuesday of each January) and I think all of us could use the distraction of vacation-planning.
Historically, National Plan for Vacation Day has been intended to help address the problem of Americans failing to utilize all of their earned time off each year (an issue that persists, according to the latest data). But this year, according to US Travel, “Looking ahead to a travel experience provides a psychological boost. After the significant suffering and anxiety of the past year, putting a trip on the books can lift our outlook: previous polling found that 97% of Americans say having a trip planned makes them happier. And academic research has found that the positive effect of anticipating a journey rivals that of actually being on one.”
Another reason to start vacation-planning? It’s an ideal time to plan and book travel. “With the chilling effect that the pandemic has had on travel, favorable offers from travel providers are abundant and change or cancellation policies are flexible throughout the industry—from flights, to hotels, to car rentals and theme parks. And as vaccines become more widely available and Americans’ pent-up demand for travel creates a booking surge, those offers are likely going to become harder to find.” I’ve included some of the great travel deals below but be sure to follow me on Twitter and follow your favorite travel brands, too, to see if they are offering any travel deals today. Many will be using the hashtag #PlanForVacation.
Here are some of the travel deals that were sent to me in advance:
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, celebrating National Plan for Vacation Day (Jan. 26) in a BIG way with a three-day mobile app flash sale of an additional 25% off best available rates for travelers planning a future trip. The rare three-day flash sale is for National Plan for Vacation Day. To take advantage of Wyndham’s latest flash sale, deal-seekers must first download the all-new Wyndham Hotels & Resorts’ mobile app, available in the Apple App and Google Play stores. Simply tap the Mobile App Flash Sale offer on the app’s home screen to access the offer! For full terms and conditions, visit www.wyndhamhotels.com/app.
Below is a sampling of Colorado’s limited-time offers now available to travelers in search of a summertime adventure. Most offers encourage booking now for summer travel through Labor Day and provide flexible cancellation policies. To view the Colorado travel deals in this promotion, please visit www.Colorado.com/National-Plan-Vacation-Day. Travelers can look forward to an incredible summer adventure amidst Colorado’s breathtaking landscapes and wide open spaces.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.