I would love your advice on a trip that we are taking at the end of September for 17 days in Asia. The only thing I have booked right now is a ticket from LAX to Hong Kong and back. Here are the details:
Dates: September 27 – October 14
Current ticket: LAX to Hong Kong
Countries of interest: Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos
Accommodations: We would like the hotels or houses to be clean and close to the water. We don’t need to be in a Shangri-La [type] hotel but I also have no interest in staying in a hostel. So any suggestions on hotels off the beaten path that are not as advertised or commercialized but have a great staff would be great. preferably a boutique hotel.
During these 17 days we would probably want to see two countries and not more because I would like to be able to relax and take in the sites, temples and many of the beautiful beaches and not feel like we are always on the move. We have an interest on trying a surf school in Indo or Thailand. The less commercialized the areas are the better.
I have heard many great things about Thailand and Indo so the more info I can get to set up our trip the better. Are there any sites out there that have discounts on local airfares, cars etc.
Johnny thanks for your help and your amazing work with your site.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.