This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Take advantage of the new airport lounges open now, around the world. They’ve got the latest amenities and services offered to premium travelers. From Miami to New Zealand, here are eight lounges ready to welcome you during a long travel day.
Air India Maharaja Lounge at JFK
At New York’s JFK, Air India and Egypt Air passengers, as well as Priority Pass members, enjoy a new lounge in Terminal 4. The lounge is open to international passengers and is located adjacent to Gates 8 and 9. It’s on the smaller side, with only 2,396 square feet of space. But, it still offers a business center, food service, WiFi, luggage storage, and other amenities.
Do note that Priority Pass members are only allowed to stick around in the lounge for up to four hours. So if you have a longer layover, you might need to make additional plans. The lounge also only offers limited hours and is open from 10 am through 6:30 pm.
Primeclass Lounge at JFK
The Primeclass Lounge at JFK is also open to Priority Pass members (as well as Air China, Azerbaijan, Cayman Air, China Eastern, Japan Airlines, Royal Air Maroc, Norwegian, Saudia, and Turkish Airlines passengers). It is located in Terminal 1.
It offers an expansive and stylish bar area, with select complimentary cocktails, a small business center, ample seating, a long buffet with hot and fresh foods, and a shower. The lounge is open from 5:30 am – 12 am on Sundays, Mondays, and Thursdays.
Primeclass Lounge at Palm Beach International Airport
Another Primeclass Lounge opened at Palm Beach International Airport right at the start of the year. The lounge is open to Priority Pass members, from 4:30 am – 9 pm daily. The lounge offers nearly 3,000 square feet of space, with a hot and cold buffet, restrooms, luggage storage, WiFi, a bar and plenty of seating.
Turkish Airlines Lounge at Miami International Airport
Turkish Airlines and Priority Pass opened a new joint lounge at Miami International Airport over the winter, in Concourse E. The rather small lounge is only the airline’s fifth outside of Istanbul. It’s open 24 hours per day. Amenities include shower facilities, light refreshments, and a bar.
However, the lounge isn’t located in the terminal from which Turkish Airlines operates, which can be an annoyance. Turkish Airlines flights depart out of the South Terminal, while Concourse E and the lounge are located in the airport’s Central Terminal.
Amex Centurion Lounge at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
While the Amex Centurion Lounge in Phoenix was slightly delayed in opening, travelers passing through the Terminal 4 lounge might agree that it was worth the wait. Situated near Gate B22 and open 5:30 am – 10 pm daily, the lounge welcomes Platinum Card® from American Express members, one of the best American Express credit cards.
Access to Centurion Lounges, 5x points per $1 spent on airfare booked directly from the airline or on amextravel.com, a $200 airline credit, and more are just some of the benefits of the American Express Platinum.
The lounge opened in conjunction with a new Escape Lounge and the two share some floor space. Together they cover nearly 10,000 square feet. There’s a flexible area that allows either lounge to expand, depending on which is busier on any given day.
The Centurion Lounge offers Mexican cuisine with a menu created by a local Phoenix chef. The bar provides craft cocktails and premium champagne. Other amenities include WiFi, plenty of charging ports, a shower, and quiet workspaces.
Escape Lounge at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
If you’re not a cardholder who receives access to Centurion Lounges, then you might want to still check out Phoenix’s new Escape Lounge. American Express Platinum Cardholders do receive free access, but anyone else can just purchase entry for under $50. The lounge also offers Mexican cuisine, as well as WiFi, business services, and charging ports at every seat.
Air New Zealand Domestic Lounge at Wellington Airport
If you happen to be flying around the Southern Hemisphere this season, you might find a reason to stop in the new Air New Zealand domestic lounge at Wellington Airport. The lounge was closed for the bulk of 2019 and just reopened around Christmas with a brand-new look.
The new lounge offers six distinct “zones,” designed for drinking, socializing, working and more. The lounge is located in the airport’s domestic terminal, on Level 2. It can easily fit nearly 400 passengers.
Finnair Business Class Lounge at Helsinki Airport
If you’re flying through Europe, try to stop by Finnair’s new business-class lounge, a beautiful space inspired by Nordic design. The lounge offers local, seasonal dining, with a rotating menu of three main courses, six salads and dessert selections offered by the open kitchen. A full-service bar provides premium beverages. A family zone caters to young children. Soundproof workspaces are also available.
Five showers are on-site, stocked with cosmetics. The lounge is open to Finnair business-class customers, Finnair Plus Gold passengers, and oneworld Sapphire passengers traveling on a oneworld airline. Lounge access is available for purchase during non-peak hours, and the lounge is open daily from 5:30 am – 12 am.
Summary of New Airport Lounges Open
Visit one of these new airport lounges 2020 and relax in the new facilities. If you don’t already have access to airport lounges, consider getting one of the top credit cards for international travel to gain access as well as other valuable travel perks.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
- 1 Air India Maharaja Lounge at JFK
- 2 Primeclass Lounge at JFK
- 3 Primeclass Lounge at Palm Beach International Airport
- 4 Turkish Airlines Lounge at Miami International Airport
- 5 Amex Centurion Lounge at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- 6 Escape Lounge at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- 7 Air New Zealand Domestic Lounge at Wellington Airport
- 8 Finnair Business Class Lounge at Helsinki Airport
- 9 Summary of New Airport Lounges Open