This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
If you’re a luxury business traveler, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express can help you enjoy special travel benefits like airport lounge access and airline fee credits. This card is now offering more business service perks and has several other changes to its welcome offer, signup bonus, and purchase rewards categories. Here are some of the new Business Platinum benefits.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
New Business Platinum Benefits
Previously, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express cardholders only had up to $200 in annual Dell Technologies statement credits.
Now, you have several opportunities to get over $1,000 in business statement credits:
- Dell Technologies: Up to $400 annually ($200 semi-annually)
- Indeed: Up to $360 annually ($90 per quarter)
- Adobe: Up to $150 annually on select purchases
- Wireless credit: Up to $120 per year from U.S. wireless providers ($10 per month)
Terms apply. Enrollment required.
This is one of the best American Express business cards.
Earn 1.5x Points on More Purchases
Cardholders earn 1.5x Membership Rewards® points for each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more as well as 1.5x Membership Rewards® points on eligible U.S. purchases in the following select business categories (up to $2 million per calendar year):
- Construction material and hardware suppliers
- Electronic goods retailers and software & cloud system providers
- Shipping providers
You will continue to earn 5x Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels through amextravel.com. Non-bonus spending earns 1x point per $1.
120,000 Membership Rewards Welcome Bonus Offer
New The Business Platinum Card® from American Express cardholders have the opportunity to earn 120,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with your Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
This bonus is worth up to $1,200 in award flights and gift cards.
New Annual Fee
The annual fee is $695 (See Rates & Fees).
However, the use of all of these Business Platinum benefits can easily offset the annual fee.
Other Travel Benefits
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express continues to offer these benefits:
- Up to $200 airline fee credit (in the form of statement credits per calendar year toward baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline)
- $179 annual CLEAR® credit when you use your Card to enroll in CLEAR® membership
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit
- American Express Global Lounge Collection benefits
- 35% airline bonus
Terms apply. Enrollment may be required.
In conclusion, this addition to the already many Business Platinum benefits helps make The Business Platinum Card® from American Express a well-rounded business card. As business travel remains sluggish, the new benefits can help you get value from this card for daily business purchases when you cannot maximize the travel benefits.
- The 11 Best 100k Credit Card Bonus Offers That Are Available Now
- Best Miles Credit Cards
- How Hard Is It To Get The Amex Business Platinum Card?
For rates and fees of The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, please click here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.