This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Cardholders of the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card and Capital One Spark Miles for Business credit cards have access to extra perks. The new Capital One travel rewards include 1:1 transfers and 2 new airport lounges.
The Capital One travel credit cards have airline and hotel mile transfer partners. One downside until now is that Capital One miles cannot transfer at a 1:1 ratio but instead at a 2:1 or 2:1.5 ratio.
That’s changing now as Capital One starts offering 1:1 mile transfers, beginning on April 20, 2021.
Participating in 1:1 mile transfers include:
- Avianca LifeMiles
- Etihad Guest
- Asia Miles
- AeroMexico Club Premier
- Finnair Plus
- Qantas Frequent Flyer
- Wyndham Rewards
- TAP Air Portugal
- Choice Hotels
The remaining transfer partners have the standard 2:1 and 2:1.5 ratio. Some of the other partners include Singapore Airlines, Emirates, and Air France FlyingBlue.
4 New Transfer Partners
Capital One is offering 4 new transfer partners to offer more airline and hotel partners.
- TAP Air Portugal
- Choice Hotels (Choice Privileges)
- British Airways Avios
- Turks Airlines Miles & Smiles
TAP Air Portugal and Choice Privileges are 1:1 transfer ratios. However, the other two new additions have a 2:1.5 ratio.
The three airline transfer partners begin accepting Capital One miles on April 20, 2021. Hotel partner Choice Privileges will onboard with Capital One later in 2021.
Like the current airline transfer partners, these new airliners are best for international travel. It’s also possible to book domestic award flights with alliance partners.
Two New Capital One Lounges
Capital One is starting to offer airport lounges in US airports. The first lounge opens at Dallas/Ft. Worth Airport (DFW) in the summer of 2021. A second lounge is opening in 2022 at Dulles International Airport (IAD) in the Washington, DC metro area.
Lounge amenities will include:
- High-speed Wi-Fi
- Grab and Go food and beverages
- Dining stations
- Fully-stocked bar
- Coffee bar
- Quiet work areas with charging stations
- Relaxation rooms
- Soundproof multi-faith prayer rooms
- Luggage lockers
- Cycling and yoga rooms
- Shower suites
These lounges are family-friendly which can be beneficial for travel parties that will avoid a Centurion Lounge due to its recent pricing changes.
Lounge pricing hasn’t been announced yet. However, Capital One cardholders with certain cards can get an entry discount. The discounts will most likely apply to these four cards:
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
- $0 annual fee Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card
- Capital One Spark Miles for Business
- Capital One Spark Miles Select for Business
As we are still in the midst of the current coronavirus pandemic, lounge safety measures include mandatory masks, social distancing, temperature checks, and prepackaged food.
Revamped Capital One Travel Portal
Capital One cardholders may use the Capital One Travel booking portal to pay for upcoming trips with cash or miles. The AI-powered Hopper will integrate into the platform later in 2021 to book flights, hotels, and rental cars.
This service can make it easier for travelers to compare current prices, predict future rates and receive price alerts. Hopper claims to have 95% accuracy with predicting future flight and hotel prices giving travelers peace of mind they pay the best price when they’re ready to travel.
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card Signup Bonus
In addition to the travel perk additions just in time for the reopening of the skies and highways for leisure travel, the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card offers a nice bonus.
New cardmembers can earn the 60,000-mile bonus after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months.
Learn more: Travel Rewards Credit Cards
All purchases earn unlimited 2x miles per $1 in addition to the signup bonus. Another card benefit of note is application fee reimbursement (up to $100) for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck.
The new Capital One travel rewards bring more interest to this travel brand. The 1:1 mile transfers are an exciting move that adds value to Capital One Miles. Transferring miles can be best for international flights but it’s possible to find award space on alliance domestic partners like United Airlines. The upcoming Capital One lounges and the enhanced Capital One Venture signup bonus are also worth monitoring.
- The Best Limited-Time Credit Card Offers
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs Capital One Venture Credit Card (New Offers)
- The Best Rewards Credit Cards in 2021
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.