This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
New Citi card designs are coming in mid-May that can highlight the card you’re traveling with. The card redesigns apply to the four cards that earn Citi ThankYou points and have the ability to make contactless payments. Another piece of good news? There are no benefit changes.
New Citi Card Designs
Citi begins issuing the new card designs on May 14, 2021. The new design prominently displays the card name in the center of the card front. The background design is modern yet subtle to avoid distractions.
Qualifying Citi cards include:
New applicants will receive the new card design beginning in mid-May 2021. Existing cardholders will receive the new design a few weeks before their current card expires.
It’s also possible for cardholders to request an updated design at no extra cost if their card isn’t expiring soon. The cardmember will need to contact Citi after May 14, 2021, to submit a request.
Here is a closer look at each card’s new design and its current benefits.
Citi Premier Card
The Citi Premier® Card earns 3x ThankYou points on these purchases:
- Air travel
- Gas stations
All remaining purchases earn 1 point per $1.
Other card benefits include an annual $100 savings on a $500+ hotel stay booked at thankyou.com and 1:1 point transfers.
New cardmembers can earn 60,000 bonus points ($600 value) after spending $4,000 in the first 3 months. The annual fee is $95.
Related: Is the Citi Premier worth it?
Citi Prestige Card
The information for the Citi Prestige® Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The premium Citi Prestige® Card earns up to 5x ThankYou points on purchases:
- 5x on air travel
- 5x on restaurants
- 3x on hotels
- 3x on cruise lines
- 1x on everything else
Other card benefits include a $250 annual travel credit, getting the complimentary 4th night free on minimum 4+ night stay (up to twice per year), and a Global Entry or TSA PreCheck applicaton fee credit.
The signup bonus is 50,000 bonus points ($500 value) after spending $4,000 in the first 3 months The annual fee is $495.
Related: Citi Prestige Review
Citi Rewards+ Card
The Citi Rewards+® Card has a unique purchase rewards program:
- 2x points at supermarkets
- 2x points at gas stations
- 1x points on all non-bonus purchases
- Every purchase rounds up to the nearest 10
The spending roundup feature lets you earn slightly more than 2x back on purchases. For example, a $55 grocery trip can earn 120 points instead of 110.
These small roundups can add up. Plus, cardholders can get 10% points back on the first 100,000 points redeemed per year.
The signup bonus is 15,000 ThankYou points after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months.
There is no annual fee for this card.
Citi ThankYou Preferred
The information for the Citi ThankYou Preferred has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The Citi ThankYou Preferred is no longer accepting new applications but existing holders can enjoy this design refresh. Applicants will need to apply for the Citi Rewards+ instead to enjoy similar benefits and no annual fee.
This card can earn 2x points on dining and entertainment. Non-bonus purchases earn 1 point per $1. There isn’t an annual fee.
Getting a new Citi card design can be an exciting move for your wallet before traveling this summer. You can enjoy your favorite card benefits on purchases too. Which one of these cards is your favorite?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.