ThisLife is a new cloud photo service (with storage) that was created by a pair of loving parents who wanted an easier way to organize, view and share their children’s photos and videos.
What makes ThisLife different from the other services out there is the visually stunning, smooth page scrolling timeline of all your photos. You can view and search by date, place, activity or even by people – it has the best face recognition I’ve ever seen!
It will find and upload all of those forgotten photos from all over the web: Facebook, Twitter, Smugmug, Instagram, Shutterfly, Flickr, Tumblr and Picasa. Then it weeds out all the duplicates and automatically tags the photos that have already been tagged in other services. Now every moment you capture or share in the future will automatically be saved to your ThisLife timeline. How cool is that?
Personally, I’ve been searching for an EASY, fast, reliable photo storage solution for years. When traveling, I’m always worried about my camera getting stolen or lost and the photos getting erased.
Now I can upload them from anywhere in the world (that has an internet connection) and know that they are safe and sound in the cloud.
Having the ability to access ALL of my media anywhere in the world by computer or mobile app on an iPhone or iPad is a dream come true!
But wait, that’s not all (in my cheesiest infomercial voice) – you can share all your photos and videos to Facebook (they are not hosted on Facebook so no worries about them owning your photos), Twitter and Flickr!
This is one of the best cloud photo services that I have found; I use it everyday – it’s easy to use and works great. Sure if the sun explodes and all the cloud services go offline, I just might lose all my photos….wait, did I say “sun explodes?” :)
There are three plans to choose from:
Starter: 1,000 photos or 1 hour of video – FREE
Adventure: 20,000 photos or 10 hours HD 1080p video – $7.99/month or $79/year
Family: 50,000 photos or 25 hours HD 1080p video – $14.99/month or $149/year
About the Author: JD Andrews (“earthXplorer”) has spent more than 20 years traveling around the globe (86 countries across all 7 continents – but who’s counting…), shooting and editing travel/tourism videos for various cruise lines, airlines, and tourist boards. Visit his website and follow him on Twitter
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.