This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
If you’re a traveler who frequently uses your credit card to accumulate miles and points for future trips, you likely already have a few Chase co-branded credit cards in your wallet. While this co-branded airline card, with Iberia, isn’t the first travel credit card I would apply for if I was just starting to earn miles and points, it’s still a good option for several reasons. The Iberia loyalty program is perfect for racking up Avios, which can be extremely valuable for short-haul flights.
Plus, the Iberia Visa Signature® Card gives you the opportunity to earn 100,000 Avios! New cardholders can earn 100,000 Avios after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
Additionally, new cardholders can earn 5 Avios per $1 spent on purchases with Iberia, British Airways, Aer Lingus, and LEVEL within the first 18 months from account opening (earn 3 Avios thereafter). New cardholders can also earn 3 Avios per $1 spent on hotel accommodations when purchased directly with the hotel within the first 18 months from account opening (earn 2 Avios thereafter). Plus earn 1 Avios per $1 spent on all other purchases.
Here’s what to know about the Iberia Visa Signature Card.
Iberia Visa Signature Card Review
If you’re unfamiliar with the Iberia brand, just know that, if you plan to do a lot of travel between the United States, Europe, and Latin America, either for business or pleasure, Iberia can get you there. Iberia has services with 14,000 daily flights to 1,000 destinations in 150 countries. Its U.S. gateways include Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, and San Francisco.
I flew from Madrid to Chicago in Iberia’s business class a few years ago and had a good experience.
What to Expect with the Iberia Visa Signature Card
Here’s what you can expect if you sign up for the Iberia Visa Signature® Card:
- Contactless payment technology
- No foreign transaction fees
- $1,000 off a purchase of two tickets on the same flight for every year you spend $30,000 on the card
- Save 10% on Iberia flights purchased on iberia.com/Chase10
The annual fee is only $95.
Earn 100,000 Bonus Avios
The ability to earn 100,000 bonus Avios with the Iberia Visa Signature® Card can be the biggest draw to this card.
New cardholders can earn 100,000 Avios after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
Additionally, new cardholders also earn more Avios for their purchases in the following categories:
- Earn 5 Avios per $1 spent on purchases with Aer Lingus, British Airways, Iberia, and LEVEL within the first 18 months from account opening (earn 3 Avios thereafter)
- Earn 3 Avios per $1 spent on hotel accommodations when purchased directly with the hotel within the first 18 months from account opening (earn 2 Avios thereafter)
All other purchases earn the standard 1 Avios per $1 spent.
Earn Up to 3 Avios on Select Purchases
Unless you are a new cardholder and qualify for the enhanced signup bonus mentioned above, Iberia Visa Signature Card cardholders earn an unlimited 3 Avios per $1 spent with the following airlines:
- Aer Lingus
- British Airways
Cardholders also earn unlimited 2 Avios per $1 spent on hotel accommodations purchased directly with the hotel. All remaining purchases will earn an unlimited 1 Avios per $1 spent.
Save 10% on Flights
Cardholders can save 10% on Iberia flights purchased on iberia.com/Chase10. However, taxes, fees, and other carrier charges are excluded from this discount. While this discount does not apply to excess baggage fees, seat assignment fees, or purchasing Avios for rewards or rewards fees, this discount can be applied for up to nine passengers booked on the same Iberia flight at the same time.
$1,000 Discount Voucher
Earn a discount voucher of $1,000 to use toward two tickets on the same flight for each year you make purchases of $30,000 on your Iberia Visa Signature® Card.
As this card is great for use when traveling abroad, it makes sense that you won’t have to worry about foreign transaction fees.
Additionally, this card comes with contactless payment technology, making it easier to pay as you go.
In conclusion, the Iberia Visa Signature Card is a good option if you are looking for one of the cheapest ways to fly from the U.S. to Europe. Additionally, the Avios bonus and the extra Avios earned on purchases can help you get more out of your travels.
100,000 Avios Bonus Offer: Iberia Visa Signature® Card
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.