This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Another increase on a hotel rewards card! I like it when the banks & loyalty programs compete. You can now earn 80,000 points after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening with the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card. That’s a nice low minimum spend for the 80k IHG Rewards Club offer which is the highest public offer made available.
Editor’s Note: Some of the offers below may have expired or are no longer available on our site.
The IHG Rewards Club card is the one card I regret canceling because it comes with a free anniversary certificate which makes spending $49 to keep the card open a no-brainer. You can use your annual free night certificate at over 5,200 locations! I also love that the IHG Rewards Club card comes with a 10% rebate on all points redemptions and Platinum IHG status. Niiice.
Plus, you can earn an additional 5,000 points if you add an authorized user and make a purchase in the same time period. The $49 annual fee is waived for the first year.
Some people may prefer the 80,000 point offer on the Marriott Premier card, but it appears that the IHG Rewards Club doesn’t fall under Chase’s 5/24 rule which is a big deal.
Redeeming IHG Points
The IHG hotel chain consists of hotels ranging from high-end, business travel, family travel, or just plain budget. The properties include:
- Candlewood Suites
- Crowne Plaza
- Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations
- Holiday Inn Express
- Hotel Indigo
- Staybridge Suites
- Even Hotels
As you can see, there’s a hotel brand for every kind of traveler.
The best value for your IHG redemptions is if you can redeem your IHG points for 5,000 points a night Point Breaks deals. Availability can be hard to find, but if you do, you’re doing great!
You can also combine your IHG Points + Cash for hotel redemptions.
It’s also worth mentioning that the IHG Rewards Club program is a transfer partner of Chase’s Ultimate Rewards. So you can top off your IHG account if you hold an Ink card or Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
Summary on the New 80k IHG Rewards Club Offer
Even for occasional travelers the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card really could be classified as a “must have.” It comes with a great sign-up bonus of 80,000 points and boasts one of the lowest annual fees offered on a rewards card. The annual fee is $49, but it’s waived for the first year of membership. Plus, you get a free anniversary night certificate good for any category IHG!
The IHG Rewards Club card also comes with Platinum status, 10% rebate on all reward redemptions, no foreign transaction fees, and you earn 2x points per $1 on gas, groceries, and restaurants. I love the Platinum status, and 10% rebate perks, but prefer to put my normal spending on this rewards card.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.