If you travel to and from Canada often, then I highly recommend getting NEXUS. It’s basically the same thing as Global Entry except only for Canada. It also includes Global Entry and TSA PreCheck and only costs $50 for five years. The downside is that you need to have your face-to-face appointment in Canada or one of their enrollment centers near the Canadian border, like in Seattle or Niagara Falls. Here’s a list of locations.
I’m a huge fan of all three programs since they allows members to bypass potentially long lines for cheap.
For those who travel to Canada frequently you’ll be glad to know that NEXUS must have just rolled out new NEXUS machines. I’m not sure if it’s at all the airports/terminals but I do know that Toronto’s Pearson International Airport (YYZ) Terminal 3 has them since I just experienced one the other day (October 10, 2014) for the first time.
I was happy to see they had more machines (8 in total, I believe), that they all worked and that they have moved them towards the entrance of the NEXUS lane instead of in the back in the corner.
However, I was taken aback when it required to scan your NEXUS card since you’ve never had to in the past, so make sure you have it with you and that it’s handy. It’s a bit confusing at first but all you do is slide your card backwards and face up all the way into the machine when prompted.
You’ll also be happy to know that the new machines make the process of scanning your eyes a lot quicker than before since they don’t try to make you match up both eyes perfectly like a video game.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.