Johnny Jet has had some experience with reality television including his very own special on Travel Channel, Hot Spots 2012. Now, New York Times bestselling author and reality television producer Melissa Jo Peltier has released a wickedly funny new novel called Reality Boulevard which takes a satirical look at the reality TV world.
Peltier has worked in entertainment for more than 20 years, making the darkly funny Reality Boulevard a true insider’s view of Hollywood and some of America’s biggest shows.
In it, we see Oscar-winning producer Marty Maltzman and his staff out of a job – and out on the streets – when long-running docu-series “Lights and Sirens” is unexpectedly axed. But the Hollywood the team now faces is full of Kardashians and Real Housewives, and they need to survive in a world where it’s very hard to tell what’s true and what isn’t – both on and off screen.
Oscar- and Emmy-winning documentarian and veteran reality producer Arnold Shapiro (Big Brother, Rescue 911) called the novel “the best satirical look behind the scenes of reality television ever written.” Adding: “It contains more truth than you would believe.”
Todd Milliner, producer of Grimm and Hot in Cleveland, said: “During her 20-plus years in the business, Melissa Jo Peltier has had a front-row seat, watching it all unfold. In this novel, she puts her dry wit and storytelling ability to good use, pulling back the curtain to reveal what really goes on.”
Peltier is a double Emmy Award-winning writer and producer behind international hits such as TV’s “Dog Whisperer,” recent multi-festival indie feature “White Irish Drinkers,” and co-author of seven non-fiction books including five NYT bestsellers. In 1992, her multi-network simulcast “Scared Silent,” hosted by Oprah Winfrey, was hailed as television’s most watched documentary ever, and earned Ms. Peltier the coveted Humanitas Prize.
It goes on sale this week to owners of every major device, including the Kindle, iPad and Nook, as well as being available to download from more than 1,000 retailers around the world.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.