This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
The new 80,000 Ultimate Rewards signup bonus for the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is attracting a lot of attention. New Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card cardholders can earn 80,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, worth $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus, they can earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within the first year of account opening.
While the Sapphire Preferred is one of the best travel credit cards year after year, now can be one of the best times to get this card.
1. Highest-Ever Bonus: Chase Sapphire Preferred 80k Offer
The 80,000 Ultimate Rewards offer is the Chase Sapphire Preferred’s best signup bonus to date.
New Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card cardholders can earn 80,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, worth $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus, they can earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within the first year of account opening.
The standard bonus is usually 60,000 bonus points with the same minimum spending requirement of $4,000 in the first 3 months.
This bonus is also larger than the premium Chase Sapphire Reserve® which is another reason to get this card if you love Ultimate Rewards without paying a hefty annual fee.
2. $1,000 Signup Bonus Award Travel Value With the Chase Sapphire Preferred 80k Offer
How does the sound of getting up to $1,000 in bonus rewards make you feel? The Chase Sapphire Preferred 80k offer is worth just that. How? The 80,000 bonus Ultimate Rewards can be worth up to $1,000 in award travel booked using the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal thanks to the 25% travel redemption bonus.
The 25% travel redemption bonus applies to:
- Hotel nights
- Car rentals
You can also transfer your points at a 1:1 ratio to the Chase Ultimate Rewards transfer partners to potentially make each point worth more than 1.25 cents each.
Some of the best Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card partners include Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, and World of Hyatt.
Another way to get more value from your Ultimate Rewards without traveling is taking advantage of the Chase Pay Yourself Back feature. Points are worth 25% more now through September 30, 2021, when redeemed for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories with the Chase Pay Yourself Back feature.
Through April 30, 2021, cardholders can get a 25% redemption bonus when requesting a statement credit for these purchases:
- Food delivery services
- Grocery stores
- Home improvement stores
- Eligible charities
While the Pay Yourself Back feature was born during the dark days of the 2020 pandemic as a temporary way to redeem points until people could travel again, it appears this feature may remain long-term. However, the bonus categories may start rotating with new redemption options starting in May 2021. These Chase Sapphire benefit extensions have been helpful for many.
3. Up to $50 in Grocery Statement Credits
Not only is there a Chase Sapphire Preferred 80k offer, but also new Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card cardholders can also get up to $50 in grocery statement credits for the first year. Chase automatically applies a statement credit for the first $50 in qualifying supermarket purchases during the first year of card membership.
Through April 30, 2021, cardholders automatically earn 2x points per $1 spent at grocery stores, up to $1,000 per month (then 1x point per $1 spent). Worldwide travel and dining purchases, including eligible takeout and delivery services, earn unlimited 2x Ultimate Rewards per $1 spent.
4. Limited-Time Partner Benefits
In addition to the one-time 80,000 points signup bonus and $50 grocery statement credit, Sapphire Preferred cardmembers enjoy several partner benefits.
Some of these benefits include:
- Free DoorDash DashPass membership ($0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on minimum $12 orders. Must activate by 12/31/2021)
- $60 Peloton statement credit (Up to $60 back on Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership by 12/31/2021)
- Earn 5x Ultimate Rewards on Lyft Rides (Earn 5x points on Lyft rides through March 2022)
Points are also worth 25% more when redeemed through the new Chase Dining hub in Ultimate Rewards, now through September 30, 2021.
There can be other partner benefits available. Offers come and go as shopping and travel trends change.
Consider the Chase Sapphire Preferred 80k offer only if you can qualify. Applicants cannot currently hold a Sapphire Card and must not have received a new Sapphire bonus in the last 48 months. It’s also important to make sure you don’t fall prey to the Chase 5/24 rule.
80,000 points bonus: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Review 2021
- Best Chase Credit Cards for 2021
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs American Express Gold Card
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.