Whether traveling across the street or around the world, digital devices have made it incredibly easy to share your stories with friends and family as you go. Smartphones have made previous methods of communication seem incredibly inefficient: sending a letter on your travels seems downright prehistoric! While the apps available today allow you to seamlessly keep your loved ones in sync with your adventures, giving those at home a physical keepsake of your journey is a thoughtful way to keep your memories everlasting.
Enter Postcard on the Run: an app that catapults the nostalgia of snail mail into the digital age. Postcard on the Run transforms your virtual adventures into a genuine postcard, so Grandma can post your photo on the fridge and steer clear of Facebook.
The app – which is currently available via Android, iOS and Windows – lets you choose from existing photos, take one on the spot, or even access your Facebook to pick the most iconic snapshot from your travels. Then, simply enter the desired address, personalize to your choosing, and let the (speedy) snail mail begin!
Perks of the app include the “Postal Gopher,” the aptly named search that allows you to request an address from your friends if you are unaware of their whereabouts. The “Postal Gopher” lets you text or email the desired recipient, and automatically sends out your postcard when they respond
The app provides a few fun ways to embellish your keepsake. For instance, the app allows you to add a personalized message, sign the postcard with your finger for a customized and authentic feel, even add a scent with the feature “Smell Mail” so that your friends can utilize all their senses to experience your travels.
In addition, the app allows you to insert a GPS map (see photo to right) to not only tell, but show, your friends exactly how awesome your current location is.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.