Earlier today, while on the beach in Los Angeles with my wife and two kids, we FaceTimed a couple friends and family members back East. You know, they say that the grass is always greener on the other side and it’s so true. They were jealous of our 72F weather and we were envious of their soon to be snow-covered streets.
They’re getting a huge snowstorm tonight (over a foot of snow). Growing up in Connecticut, there was nothing better than a huge storm … as long as you didn’t have to travel and you had warm, dry clothes on as well as electricity. Especially just before Christmas!
But after a couple of days of the cold, the novelty wears off, so I’m happy to be in L.A. Besides we have cold, snowy mountains just 90 minutes away.
New York City Live Webcams
But If you want to see New York City covered in snow even when you can’t be there, then check out these live webcams. Or if it’s summertime, you can see why they call the Big Apple, “the city that never sleeps.”
You might not be able to visit in person but at least you can get there virtually.
This camera is situated in the heart of Times Square (one of my least favorite places to visit since it’s so touristy) but it’s still fun to see all the action. You can even hear the sound.
The Brooklyn Bridge is arguably one of the most famous bridges in the world. This live stream comes from the top of the St. George Tower in Brooklyn so you can see NYC, Manhattan and the Brooklyn Bridge.
–NYC Traffic Cams
These cameras are small but they’re still fun to play around with. Just tick which cameras you want to view then scroll to the bottom and click “view.” There are dozens from each of the five boroughs.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.