Still looking for a great holiday gift this year?
NOVICA provides an online platform for talented and traditional artisans from around the world—from the Peruvian Andes to Thailand to Bali—to sell their goods. Specifically, more than 30,000 of these goods are available for sale, from beautifully soft alpaca sweaters to colorful paintings to handmade jewelry, and they are all pretty much guaranteed to be great quality.
The coolest part is this: Though it serves as a for-profit vendor, NOVICA is working for and with the artisans producing world-class products. In association with National Geographic, the company leaves full control of pricing with those whose ingenuity and skill deserve it; it offers 0%-interest loans to craftsmen in need; and it shares the tradition and satisfaction in every piece by introducing customers to the stories of the artisans themselves.
So far, sales through the site have generated more than $46 million dollars for these artisans, which is pretty incredible. And among those dollars now are some that came out of my own experience with NOVICA. I put them towards a beautifully soft alpaca sweater from the Andes, and I couldn’t be happier with how it all went down.
The delivery was swift, and I got an alert during my sweater’s journey telling me it was en route. The packaging was nice enough, and nicer inside the shipping box. More importantly, the sweater came with a Machu Picchu postcard with a thank you note from the artisan himself!
Most importantly, though, the sweater itself, while a bit darker than how it was depicted on the site, turned out to be great. So go ahead and help yourself to a NOVICA treat this holiday season—you’ll help an artisan while you’re at it.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.