This week, the first of British Airways‘ 18 refreshed Boeing 747 jumbo jets took to the skies for the first time, flying between London Heathrow and New York’s JFK. The new look includes an upgraded entertainment system and new interior designed to let passengers glide through the sky in comfort.
Panasonic’s next generation eX3 entertainment system is stocked with 130 movies and 400 TV shows with larger screens. The new system also uses the latest touch screen capability, making it easier to navigate.
New seat cushions and covers will allow travelers more comfort (and style!) in World Traveller and World Traveller Plus. (The 747 will now have the same look as the A380 and 787.) Travelers in World Traveller Plus will get access to a USB plug and a universal power socket that will take any plug from the US, UK and Europe.
“Our customers love our new aircraft, but the 747s hold a special place in their heart, so we’re delighted to have been able to revamp these aircraft,” said Kathryn Doyle, British Airways’ aircraft cabin interiors manager. They’ll look and feel like new now, with enhanced comfort, technology and design.”
The new configuration will be available on certain flights from London to Boston, New York JFK, Chicago, Lagos, Dubai, Kuwait, and Riyadh. British Airways plans to add more routes in the summer of next year.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.