From Grand Central Station to the High Line to McSorley’s to the New York Public Library, New York City is dense with iconic spots that, frankly, aren’t going anywhere—at least by the time summer rolls around.
Ozoku, a pop-up sushi and sashimi bar inside the fabulous Royalton hotel, closes up for good on Memorial Day. That’s 67 days from now. Ozoku is nothing near a New York icon, but it is, without question, inspired sushi. Moreover, it is inspired sushi inside a cozily appointed hotel lounge a full block long, hidden behind the Royalton’s relatively nondescript entrance on 44th Street. Tucked into the experience are the Royalton’s fireplace riches (it has more than any other hotel in the city), a menu from Chef Vanessa Miller (the Royalton’s Executive Chef), a bartender named one of NYC’s ten best by Time Out (try the “Hickory-Smoked Manhattan”), and 1000 hand-folded origami cranes (by tradition, 1000 cranes grants the maker a wish; no word on what that wish is).
Above all, though, it is great sushi, and through Memorial Day, it can be part of a great New York night. Check it out, and let us know what you think.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.