Looking to travel now and pay for it later? It’s not something I recommend unless it’s an emergency and/or you know with 100% certainty that you will be able to pay it back, but if you are, there are a number of companies to look at. They include include Uplift (they do the financing for airlines like American, United, JetBlue, and Southwest), Affirm (they work with Expedia, CheapAir and Groupon), Airfordable (I wrote about them last year) and—today’s feature—Flightlayaway.com.
Flightlayaway.com allows travelers to pay for airfares in installment plans. The company will buy the full price of a ticket and then at a later date pay them back. To get started, you give them a call at 866-991-3650 with your flight information. Then, one of their team members will:
- Let you know the total ticket cost
- Inform you of the 15% interest rate for domestic flights and 18% interest rate for international flights
- Set up installments (they can set up a payment plan in either bi-weekly installments or weekly installments)
- Pay for the ticket and apply the interest rate upon your approval
- Confirm the purchase
Once the tickets are paid for in full, they’re sent via email to the address on file within 48 hours. Payment installments are then due on the agreed-upon dates selected at the time of booking. A late fee of $25 will be processed if a payment is not received by the third pre-selected agreed-upon date. After that, all funds will be forfeited.
I haven’t used these guys or any other, nor would I ever unless I was really desperate. But it’s an option for those that don’t have the funds in the bank, good credit and/or in an emergency travel situation.
Have you used Flightlayaway.com or one of its competitors? Share what the experience was like in the comments below.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.