When you think ‘all-inclusive’, you may think of overly crowded tourist traps. When you think ‘private island’, you may think of the kind of escape that only the likes of Sir Richard Branson can afford. But I just learned about Elite Island Resorts and they offer the best of both worlds. Elite Island Resorts offers discerning travelers an extensive collection of luxury, all-inclusive Caribbean resorts to choose from for their next escape to paradise, so if you haven’t booked your summer holidays yet, listen up. I’m ready to jump on a plane now and head to Palm Island Resort! Let’s take a closer look:
Palm Island Resort
Accessible only by boat, Palm Island is a 135-acre private island resort in The Grenadines. It’s the perfect destination for anyone looking for an exclusive experience, the ultimate in relaxation or a romantic getaway. In fact, Palm Island is located in the same chain of islands that hosts Mick Jagger’s and Richard Branson’s private islands … swanky! It’s the kind of place where you leave all your troubles behind and only use your smartphone if it’s to upload your incredible photos to Facebook! Can’t you just imagine yourself relaxing in a hammock, taking in the panoramic vistas of the Caribbean?
Unlike so many all-inclusive resorts that feel too large and impersonal, Palm Island Resort has an intimate feel, with only 43 guest rooms, suites, villas and lofts. Rooms come with both garden and beach views but whatever you choose, you’re sure to enjoy the serenity that surrounds the property. There are five stunning beaches of white sand and turquoise waters as well as a freeform pool with a waterfall.
What does all-inclusive include?
Before booking any all-inclusive getaway, make sure you know what all-inclusive covers. At Elite Island Resorts like Palm Island Resort, the all-inclusive package includes: room, tips, meals, premium cocktails by the glass at the bars, non-motorized watersports, access to fitness centers, Kidz Club (where applicable) and other land activities, which vary by resort. Of course, there are other costs if you choose various add-ons like spa and salon treatments, excursions/tours, motorized watersports and dining at the ‘celebration restaurants’, where guests will get a table all night long with enhanced food and drink options.
Guests also get a free inter-island flight from Barbados (BGI) to Union Island, when staying for seven nights or more, a $400 per person value. From Union Island, guests then take a boat to Palm Island and that’s when the real fun begins! Expect to be greeted at the dock with a cocktail, then whisked straight to your room.
One of the best things about all-inclusive resorts is being able to eat whenever (and however much) you want, without all those mental calculations that start to take the fun out of your vacation. At the Palm Island Resort, there are lots of dining options. The Royal Palm Restaurant is situated oceanfront and is the place to enjoy an a la carte breakfast and lunch and an elegant, candlelit dinner listening to the crash of the waves around you. The casual beachfront Sunset Grill & Bar dishes up lighter food options and island specialties. The Beachfront Bar serves hors d’ouevres and of course, cocktails are all-inclusive at all the restaurants, bars and at the pool. Bottoms up!
The perfect romantic escape
It seems like romance is really in the air at Palm Island Resorts, so it’s the perfect getaway to take with someone special and whether it’s to celebrate a special occasion or not, it’s going to be an unforgettable holiday neither of you will forget. With special romantic rooms, dining options and other romantic packages that include things like couples massages and other sensual ways to indulge, Palm Island Resort makes it easy to impress your sweetheart!
Why Palm Island Resort?
If all the reasons above haven’t convinced you that Palm Island Resort might be the place for your next summer getaway, consider this. There are lots of all-inclusives out there, vying for your dollars. But at a smaller resort on a lesser-known island, you can expect fewer crowds (don’t you hate a crowded beach?), a higher level of service, a less hurried, hassled atmosphere and a more authentic, less touristy experience.
Palm Island Resort has received its fair share of accolades this year, most notably landing on Conde Nast Traveler’s Gold List two years running (2013 + 2014) and being named in TripAdvisor’s 2014 Traveler’s Choice Awards.
Summer rates start at $745 (single) and $845 (double).
Elite Island Resorts manages 7 resorts on 5 islands to create 1 authentic Caribbean experience. Whether you are looking for a romantic getaway with that special someone or planning a family vacation, Elite Island Resorts has the perfect all-inclusive beachfront resort to match your needs! Mention this blog between May 12, 2014 and June 23, 2014 when booking a 7 night or greater stay + airfare at any of our resorts, and receive a $550 airfare credit per room.
*Promotion is subject to availability. Some restrictions may apply.
NOTE: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Elite Island Resorts. The opinions and text are all mine.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.