Are you a camper? Do you like unique travel experiences? Hipcamp is, essentially, the Airbnb of camping. If you’re looking for a place to camp (or RV, or glamp…), you can search for the ideal spot from among 300,000+ parks, ranches, vineyards, and more, using location, available dates, amenities, and other parameters to narrow in. As a landowner, you can also rent out your land on Hipcamp to campers looking for place to stay.
Hipcamp is currently only serving the U.S. but notably has added national parks to its slate of searchable options. As Lonely Planet writes, “The start-up has announced that it has become the first platform to access campsite availability data from Recreation.gov, the government website where travellers can book federal campsites. That means users will be able to see in real-time where they can find a federal camping spot, including in places like Yosemite, Great Smoky Mountains, the Grand Canyon and more. For now, users can only see the availability, but Hipcamp is working with Recreation.gov to allow for booking directing on the site in the future.”
So far, the reviews of Hipcamp both anecdotally and in the press have been very positive. If you’ve tried it yourself, please share your experience in the comments!
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,415!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.