Chiawa Camp, Lower Zambezi National Park: Eight large platform tents with enclosed bathrooms (shower and a footed tub). Each tent had a deck and outdoor shower. Charging stations in room and mosquito nets over the beds. No wifi. Very good food and wine selection. A small communal swimming pool. Large communal sitting area with a proper bar and a reading loft overlooking the Zambezi River. Fishing, boat rides, canoe trips, walking and game drives included.
Chongwe River House, Lower Zambezi National Park: A part of Classic Safari Camps of Africa. Narrow tents just a wooden step off the ground with great views of the Zambezi River. The rooms are nicely furnished with electricity and fully enclosed, however there are not mosquito nets over the bed and the bathrooms are partially open. The communal style supper table sits just near the fire pit over looking the river. There is also a large bar and complimentary wifi in the main area. The pool has just been refinished. Good food and wine selection. Fishing, boat rides, canoe trips (afternoon only), walking and game drives included. There is an amazing home at the camp which sleeps eight people. Rustic safari chic, with a private butler, guide and pool on the river. Note that the rooms on the first and second floor are wide open, though there are mosquito nets over the beds.
Old Mondoro, Lower Zambezi National Park: Same owner as Chiawa and about an hour down the Zambezi River. A small common area right on the river, in fact I saw three elephants swimming across the river when I arrived. The four rooms were small, with an open wall during the day and screened flaps which are closed in the evening. Each had electricity, a charging area, a mosquito net and indoor toilet. Bathtub and shower are outside, but connected to the room. No wifi.
Tongabezi Lodge, Livingston near Victoria Falls: Five river cottages, seven rooms and one treehouse. In the main area there is spotty wifi, curio shop, a communal pool and a reading loft where you can relax, dine privately or even check your email on the house computer. Visit to Victoria Falls on the Zambia side, drives through the nearby national park, fishing, canoe trips, sunset cruise and visits to the local school (Tjuane Primary and Secondary Schools) which is fully supported by the owners and visitors of Tongabezi Lodge are included. 1. The river cottages are huge and fully enclosed—the windows are open, but screened and mosquito nets over the beds. An indoor tub and shower. A covered sitting area and large deck right on the Zambezi River. 2. The rooms have an open wall with mosquito nets over the beds. Large rooms with a sitting area and outdoor deck—each room is decorated differently. All are up on the hill overlooking the river. 3. The treehouse is a double room that hangs out over the river with trees growing through the middle of the room. The treehouse is totally open but has a mosquito net over the bed. Outdoor double basin shower and a u-shaped deck looking onto the water below. Every room has optional AC.
Nsefu, Robin Pope Safari House, South Luangwa: Five small colonial roundavels. Beds had mosquito nets. Windows were open, though screen flaps could be pulled down at your request. Bathrooms were connected to the room, but open at top. Beautiful views of the Luangwa River with plenty of hippo and elephant sitings. Walks, fishing, boat safaris and game drives. Ate a casual buffet dinner under the stars and around a campfire.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.