Buenos días! I’m back from Europe after sailing on Windstar’s newest ship… Star Pride. I was invited on the inaugural cruise along with several other journalists, travel agents, executives and paid guests. Windstar paid fro my flight to Europe but I paid for my dad’s (I used way too many Delta miles).
Like smart cruise travelers we arrived into the first port (Barcelona, Spain) a day before just in case there were any significant weather or mechanical delays. Fortunately, there were not.
Windstar put us up at the Grand Marina Hotel which was the perfect hotel since we were only in town for a night and it was literally a stone’s throw from our ship. Unfortunately, my dad was really tired from the long trip so we didn’t do much. He slept, I worked (the life of a travel writer) and then we took a stroll down the famous and super toursity La Rambla boulevard. It was just a short walk from the Grand Marina Hotel. Below are some of my photos from our short stay in Spain.
FYI: My big regrets were not taking my dad to see Sagrada Familia (Tip: purchase the tickets online in advance from and you won’t stand in line at all) and seeing my American friend Tracy who runs Spanish Trails Day Tours and Events. But that just means we need to go back, right?!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.