Buenos días! I’m back from Europe after sailing on Windstar’s newest ship… Star Pride. I was invited on the inaugural cruise along with several other journalists, travel agents, executives and paid guests. Windstar paid fro my flight to Europe but I paid for my dad’s (I used way too many Delta miles).
Like smart cruise travelers we arrived into the first port (Barcelona, Spain) a day before just in case there were any significant weather or mechanical delays. Fortunately, there were not.
Windstar put us up at the Grand Marina Hotel which was the perfect hotel since we were only in town for a night and it was literally a stone’s throw from our ship. Unfortunately, my dad was really tired from the long trip so we didn’t do much. He slept, I worked (the life of a travel writer) and then we took a stroll down the famous and super toursity La Rambla boulevard. It was just a short walk from the Grand Marina Hotel. Below are some of my photos from our short stay in Spain.
FYI: My big regrets were not taking my dad to see Sagrada Familia (Tip: purchase the tickets online in advance from and you won’t stand in line at all) and seeing my American friend Tracy who runs Spanish Trails Day Tours and Events. But that just means we need to go back, right?!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.