With this move, Pinterest is hoping it will become the place where people go to plan their future trips. Place Pins, Pinterest hopes, will help people turn their travel inspirations into reality—whether they’re planning for a vacation abroad or a road trip across the US, or mapping out the restaurants they want to try in their own cities or their favorite destinations in your home town. Here are some facts about Place Pins and Pinterest that were posted on the company’s blog:
- Each day, people pin nearly 1.5 million destinations they want to see, and there are already more than 750 million pins of these places on Pinterest.
- Place Pins combine the beautiful imagery of a travel magazine with the utility of a map, and put it all online so that you can share it with friends.
- They’re easy to use, useful, and look and feel natural to Pinterest. You can see details like the address of the place, phone number, and more.
- You can access these Pins from anywhere on your smartphone, letting you add and find new places on the go, and you can now send a board of suggestions to a friend.
- Place pins are not part of our Promoted Pins experiment; they’re just another way we’re trying to make pins more useful.
As part of the big reveal, Pinterest teamed up some big names in travel for inspiration in creating some creative Place Pin boards, and you can check out some examples in their gallery. You can also find images of Place Pins available for download here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.