Last night I visited Pinterest’s headquarters in San Francisco for their big travel reveal. What was it? As you’ll see Pinterest CEO Ben Silbermann explain in the video below, the company is introducing a new type of pin called Place Pins. Place Pins allow users to map out the locations of all the items they share on their pinboards.
With this move, Pinterest is hoping it will become the place where people go to plan their future trips. Place Pins, Pinterest hopes, will help people turn their travel inspirations into reality—whether they’re planning for a vacation abroad or a road trip across the US, or mapping out the restaurants they want to try in their own cities or their favorite destinations in your home town. Here are some facts about Place Pins and Pinterest that were posted on the company’s blog:
- Each day, people pin nearly 1.5 million destinations they want to see, and there are already more than 750 million pins of these places on Pinterest.
- Place Pins combine the beautiful imagery of a travel magazine with the utility of a map, and put it all online so that you can share it with friends.
- They’re easy to use, useful, and look and feel natural to Pinterest. You can see details like the address of the place, phone number, and more.
- You can access these Pins from anywhere on your smartphone, letting you add and find new places on the go, and you can now send a board of suggestions to a friend.
- Place pins are not part of our Promoted Pins experiment; they’re just another way we’re trying to make pins more useful.
As part of the big reveal, Pinterest teamed up some big names in travel for inspiration in creating some creative Place Pin boards, and you can check out some examples in their gallery. You can also find images of Place Pins available for download here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.