With my dad and my sister, I found a hidden gem in Hawthorne, CA, earlier this week, perfect for plane-spotting, burgers and craft beer!
Tucked away on Crenshaw, Eureka! Tasting Kitchen serves great food and overlooks Hawthorne Airport. You can see the runway from the restaurant windows—a great spot for watching all of the Cessnas come in!
If you’re feeling sweet, try the Fresno fig burger ($12) with fig marmalade, goat cheese and arugula and the sweet potato fries with honey ($4). If you’re in a savory mood, the Cowboy burger with onion rings, bacon, cheddar and housemade beer barbecue sauce ($12) and the Catalina bison burger with bacon-infused jalapeño jam, peppers, onion, smoked mozzarella ($15.50) are great choices. While the burgers are favorites, Eureka also has burritos, salads and other yummy appetizers. Check out the full menu here.
They serve breakfast until noon, lunch and dinner until 8:45 pm. Happy hour is from 2-6 pm every day (except Sundays), with half-off select appetizers and $1-off beer. Tuesday happy hour also has half-off wine by the glass and half-off wine bottles.
The southern and central California chain has a friendly staff, great atmosphere, house music, TVs, weekly events, and live music every other Saturday night. There’s even free parking. Wednesday nights are the most popular with “Steal the Glass” night starting at 6 pm, where you can snag the glass you just drank from that night.
Eureka! Tasting Kitchen. 12101 Crenshaw Boulevard #200, Hawthorne; 310-331-8233. Open Mondays through Saturdays 10-9.
Photo: Eureka! Tasting Kitchen
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.