This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
If you own The Platinum Card® from American Express, don’t forget that you can enjoy an annual $100 Saks Fifth Avenue statement credit (terms apply, enrollment required). This benefit helps add more value beyond the already highly valuable airline and Uber travel credits.
Learn more: Johnny Jet Recommended Credit Cards
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
American Express divides the $100 statement credit into two $50 sub credits.
You can earn the first $50 statement credit by making at least $50 in Saks Fifth Avenue or Saks.com purchases between the months of January and June. American Express offers the other $50 credit during the last six months of the calendar year.
This card’s annual fee is $550 (See Rates & Fees).
Saks Statement Credit Terms and Conditions
It’s pretty easy to earn this statement credit (you only have to shop at Saks Fifth Avenue online or in-person). But there are two items to be aware of:
- You must enroll before making eligible purchases
- Gift card purchases and outlet store purchases are ineligible
Purchases can be made by the primary or any authorized users. As long as you (or they) buy new merchandise, American Express covers your first $50 every six months.
Other Exciting Amex Platinum Benefits
The $100 Saks statement credit isn’t the only card benefit you might not use regularly. There are several other little-known Platinum Card benefits that you might sparingly use.
You can also enjoy By Invitation Only curated member experiences that range from sporting, fashion, and fine dining events. Of course, you can also use the Platinum Concierge and Global Dining Collection to enjoy a unique experience that doesn’t necessarily require you to travel away from home.
Besides the Saks Fifth Avenue statement credit, travel credits, and 1:1 Membership Rewards airline transfer partners including Aer Lingus AerClub and Avianca LifeMiles. Earn 5x Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel, up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year. Cardholders also earn 5x points on prepaid hotel bookings through amextravel.com.
Of course, you can continue transferring your miles to other frequent flyer programs including Delta, Emirates, JetBlue, and British Airways.
While the $100 Saks Fifth Avenue statement credit isn’t the only reason to own the Platinum Card from American Express, it’s an easy way to get a nice perk from American Express if you’re a regular customer. Plus, it’s another way to squeeze more value from one of the most rewarding premium travel credit cards currently available.
Learn more: Johnny Jet Recommended Credit Cards
For rates and fees of The Platinum Card® from American Express, please click here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.