Did you miss WOW Air’s crazy low-fares to Europe via Iceland? If yes, then things are looking up for 2022. This morning, a new low-cost airline called PLAY, which is also headquartered in Iceland, just announced service to the United States. The first flights are taking off in the spring.
Starting today, travelers can book tickets from Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) and Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) to 22 European destinations including London, Paris, Berlin, Copenhagen, Dublin, Brussels, Stavanger, Trondheim, Gothenburg, and more.
To celebrate its inaugural flights from the U.S., PLAY is offering travelers tickets for as low as $109 to 11 destinations across Europe, available through December 24 at midnight Eastern Time. See more details at flyplay.com/play-to-europe.
PLAY offers a streamlined, no-frills service without costly features such as magazines, Wi-Fi, and entertainment, allowing travelers to pay less and “play more.” Here are some quick facts about PLAY:
- PLAY operates A321NEO and A320NEO aircrafts.
- Customers are able to extend their layovers in Iceland.
- To date, PLAY has flown more than 87,500 passengers across Europe with an on-time arrival rate over 96%. PLAY’s pay-for-what-you-need model keeps its fares affordable.
- A personal item is included for the flight, and passengers can choose which upgrades they need for their trip, such as an in-flight meal, carry-on, checked bag, special bags for items such as golf sets, skis, strollers, and musical instruments, seats with extra legroom, cancellation protection, and more.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.