After skin cancer, breast cancer is the most common cancer in American women—and generally, it’s the main cause of cancer death in underdeveloped countries. Stacy Small, founder of Elite Travel International, has set herself on a mission to help the breast cancer cause. After her mother lost her fight with her metastasized stage IV breast cancer, Small organized a charity golf and tennis tournament—called Play for PINK—which will be held in Kapalua, Hawaii this October 9-12.
For the Play for PINK Kapalua, Small will partner with Montage Kapalua Bay, The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua, Napili Kai Beach Resort, Kapalua Golf & Tennis, and Delta Air Lines. The event’s mission is to raise funds for breast cancer prevention, for a cure and to help others win their fight against cancer by raising money for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF). Drugs for breast cancer aren’t being created fast enough and that’s exactly the issue that Small wants to help fix.
“I actually thought my mom was invincible and would beat the odds,” said Small. “She did, for many years. But eventually there were no longer new drugs coming on line fast enough to stave off the growth. This is what we desperately need to change, and why I dreamt up Play for PINK Kapalua to benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.”
Tournament participants will have the opportunity to attend some great events during the weekend including a cocktail party to kickoff the event, a culinary tour of Kapalua and a Hawaiian-style soiree at Montage Kapalua Bay. Celebrities in attendance will include actress Isabelle Furhman, author Madison Hildebrand, bachelor and Sonoma winemaker Ben Flajnik, and Vanity Fair’s “America’s Tweetheart” Stefanie Michaels.
Play for PINK is well known for creating fundraising events in 28 states. For more information on this tournament or to sign up to attend, please visit playforpink.org/kapalua.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.