This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Marriott Bonvoy members can earn points when booking a qualifying Marriott Homes and Villas stay. Homes & Villas by Marriott International is a relatively new Marriott product launched in 2019. Instead of staying at a hotel or resort in the Marriott portfolio, you can book a home or villa vacation rental similar to VRBO or Airbnb.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Homes & Villas by Marriott International Property Types
It’s possible to stay at these property types:
- Private homes
- Ski chalets
- Beach rentals
These homes are owned by a homeowner and are professionally inspected and cleaned. Yet it’s possible to book with Marriott Bonvoy to earn Bonvoy points.
When comparing homes, you will see ample pictures of the vacation rentals along with a property description. You can see available amenities, home layout, and their cancellation policy.
Earn Bonvoy Points on Homes & Villas
Marriott Bonvoy members of any status level can earn the standard 5 Bonvoy points per $1 on Homes & Villas stays. Each Home & Villas night also counts as 1 Bonvoy Elite Night credit.
When browsing your booking options, you can see the total number of points you can earn. Paying with a co-brand Marriott Bonvoy credit card can earn additional rewards points. If you don’t currently have a co-brand Marriott card, there are several exciting bonuses available now.
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card
New Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card cardholders can earn 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points after using your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Plus, earn up to $200 in Statement Credits for eligible purchases at U.S. Restaurants within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card is one of the most valuable options as it comes with 1 free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. The Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy Points) at participating hotels. Note that certain hotels have resort fees.
Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 6 Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar of eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program
- 3 points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines
- 2 points on all other eligible purchases
Unlimited access with Priority Pass membership is also a benefit of the Brilliant Amex Card (enrollment required). There are no foreign transaction fees, however, there is a $450 Annual Fee (See Rates & Fees).
Learn more: Hotel Rewards Credit Cards
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card
Another option is the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card. This Chase card also comes with 1 free night award annually after the account anniversary, but only up to 35,000 points. Automatic Silver Elite Status is also available annually after each account anniversary (enrollment may be required). Cardholders can also enjoy 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year. Terms apply.
There are no foreign transaction fees and the annual fee is $95. The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card is great for Marriott loyalists.
New Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card cardholders can earn 3 Free Nights (each night valued up to 50,000 points) after qualifying purchases + 10X total points on eligible purchases in select categories.
Learn more: Hotel Rewards Credit Cards
Vacation rentals are more popular than ever due to the extra space as people want ample privacy. Home & Villas by Marriott International can also provide opportunities to stay at places where there can be few nearby hotels.
- Credit Cards With an Annual Free Hotel Night Reward
- The Best Credit Card Offers
- The Best Hotel Credit Cards
For rates and fees of the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, please click here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.