Do you like to map or track your travels for yourself or for your friends and family?
Polarsteps automatically tracks your routes and places you’ve visited while you’re traveling and creates from them a beautiful travel journal. It’s free in both the Apple Store and Google Play. To use Polarsteps, all you have to do is carry your phone in your pocket as you go. It works offline, too, so if you lose connection, you can simply keep traveling without a thought. Once you’re connected to the internet again, your travel routes, locations and photos are transferred to your traveler profile. Then, your route is turned into a colorful world map.
Once it’s been started, your map can be easily be shared with friends and family. Once you’re home, you have a play-by-play, with photos, of your journey in one place. You can even pay Polarsteps to turn your journey and photos into a travel book. Stats like dates, miles/kms traveled, temperatures, and more are included. And if you’re not the person traveling, Polarsteps allows you to ride along with your family and friends who are traveling from afar.
Polarsteps has received high praise from National Geographic, which wrote that it “replaces your travel journal, making it easier and more beautiful.” It’s also highly rated, with a 4.8 in the Apple Store and a 4.7 in Google Play (both scores are out of five).
Have you tried Polarsteps?
Have you used the app? If so, what do you think of it? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
More travel tracking and mapping
- This Modernist 3-D World Map Is an Easy Way to Spruce up a Wall
- Mapless: A Minimalist Navigation App That Wants You to Enjoy the Journey
- Track Your Travels With This Scratch-Off World Map
- Travel Website of the Week: The Great Circle Mapper
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.