Did you know that according to statistics the thing that children remember most from their Walt Disney World stay is the pool? So without further ado, here is a write up of my favorite pools in “The World”.
All resorts have wonderful pools but some of them stand out. The “Big Blue” at the newly opened Disney’s Art of Animation Resort is number one on my list. Where else do you find a pool with underwater speakers playing surf music and character voices from the film Finding Nemo whispering in your ears? There is a fabulous splash zone for little children where the play area is soft and cushioned so that your child does not get hurt. Additional pools in the Cars and Little Mermaid sections of the resort provide less crowded options.
At Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village is equipped with a huge pool and the adjacent splash zone makes sure that nobody stays dry. If your children love the wet and the wild there is plenty of fun to be had at Coronado Springs Resort. The impressive pyramid in the middle of the pool is especially beautiful when lit at night. Right next to the pool is a great playground complete with a modern archaeological dig.
Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter pool is another one of my favorites. The Doubloon Lagoon pool features a sea serpent and King Triton water slide, a kiddie pool, and a hot tub. For little pirates, the pool and splash area at the Caribbean Beach Resort is the place to be. The main pool is at Old Port Royale and themed to resemble an old Spanish-style Caribbean fort complete with pirates’ cannons and stone walls. There is a water slide, kiddie pool, and two hot tubs. In addition to the main pool, there are also several quiet pools throughout the resort and guests may also use the adjacent Port Orleans Riverside pool and playground.
The 19,000-gallon Luna Park pool at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort has a carnival/circus theme with an awesome slide called the Keister Coaster. This is a great pool for kids, and grown-ups will enjoy Leaping Horse Libations, a poolside bar shaped like a giant carousel. Please note that the Luna Pool is closed from January 28, 2013 until sometime in March 2013 for refurbishment.
There are two pools at the Grand Floridian. The Courtyard Pool is the original and larger of the two pools. The pool has been closed since October 2012 to install new zero- and reduced-depth entry. The reopening has been pushed back to Spring 2013. The Beach Pool, includes a rock waterfall and water-slide and has zero-depth entry access. New, up and running is the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party themed splash zone. Teapots, teacups and even the Mad Hatter’s famous hat dump water on young guests whilst two mini water-slides and several sprinklers provide unlimited fun.
All resorts offer daily poolside activities such as Disney Trivia games, Bingo and dance parties as well as nightly movie screenings under the stars. A daily schedule of events is part of the registration package upon arrival.
Once your child has discovered the pool, getting them back to the parks might become an unexpected challenge.
For daily tips on visiting Walt Disney World, check out The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World with Kids.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.