I was having dinner the other night in an 800-year-old castle in Ireland with a bunch of Irish folks. I realized early in my stay that the Irish love to talk about the weather (which I love to do, too). My wife thinks I’m obsessed with weather, but I find it interesting and an easy icebreaker when meeting people. Anyway, over dinner I asked the guy across from me what his favorite weather app or website was, and he said yr.no, a popular weather website out of Norway (hence the “.no”). I had never heard of it, but I pulled it up, changed the language to English and found it very helpful.
It works for places all over the world. Users can put in a town (it even had the small village we were in called Kilkea) and see the weather overview, hour-by-hour and long-term forecasts, statistics, and weather maps for that place. The only thing I don’t like about it is that it’s in Celsius not Fahrenheit, which takes some getting used to (unless of course you have Alexa and can ask her to do the conversion).
Are you interested in weather? What’s your favorite weather website and/or app?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.