I’m not a big fan of people blasting their music at the beach so everyone else can hear. But if you have a private pool, a deserted beach or a boat, these portable speakers could make hanging out with friends and family that much more fun. Both of the companies below sent me portable speakers to try out, and after trying them, I can say that both would make great additions to your suitcase or beach bag.
The Razer Leviathan Mini
The Razer Leviathan Mini ($97) is a sleek and portable speaker that’s powered by Bluetooth for stellar sound quality that lasts up to 10 hours. You can use it for non-stop music or phone calls in your hotel room or by the pool.
Altec Omni Jacket Mini
The Altec Lansing Miniboom Jacket Waterproof, Shockproof and Floatable Speaker ($149.99) is brand new and perfect for adventure travelers as it’s relatively small but rugged.
Both speakers are great for summer fun, but which one is better depends on how you plan to use them. The Leviathan is a little sleeker and cheaper, while the Omni Jacket Mini is much more rugged and sand-proof so it’s better for the beach.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.