A few days ago, the New York Times reported that the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) announced they are testing new procedures at 10 U.S. airports (Boise, Boston, Colorado Springs, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Juan and Lubbock) that will require passengers to place electronic items larger than a cell phone in a separate bin for X-ray screening.
According to Kerry Sanders from NBC’s Today Show, travelers in those airports will need to take books and food out of carry-on bags as well and place in a separate bin for X-ray screening. There’s no news on this on the TSA website, which is why I’m quoting these other news organizations.
The screening will apparently not apply to all lanes at the airports and will not be used for PreCheck.
Obviously, this could cause delays at these airports so be sure to show up extra early and pack your patience.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.