I just got back from an African safari (I know, lucky me; my stories with photos are below). Before leaving, I did all kinds of research on what to wear since certain colors can trigger dangerous animal behavior. Without a doubt one of the leading safari gear companies is ExOfficio. That’s because their clothes are lightweight and multi-functional. They have climate control venting and many utilize the most innovative fabric developments around, like Insect Shield, dri-release, wrinkle-free and UPF Sun Guard to name a few.
I was fortunate to be sent a few outfits by ExOfficio, as well a few from my good friends at SCOTTEVEST. Between the two, that’s all I wore the whole trip.
If you are going to East Africa on safari:
It is advisable to dress in layers because early morning and evening games drives can be quite chilly and depending on the time of day, it can warm up or get cold quickly.
Everything that I read suggests you wear neutral colors that will blend in with the landscape. You don’t want to wear blue jeans especially in Tanzania as it attracts Tsetse flys, and they can bite right through your pants.
- 12 Reasons to Choose a Micato Safaris for Your Next African Safari
- In Search of the Big Five in the Masai Mara
- First Look at Richard Branson’s Mahali Mzuri Kenya Safari Camp
- Serengeti Balloon Safari
- 11 Reasons to Stay at the Four Seasons Serengeti Lodge in Tanzania
Here are my wife Natalie’s African stories:
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.