One of my friends posted on Facebook recently about how much she loved the cans of oxygen she brought with her on a ski trip. She wrote, “For those of you who suffer from altitude sickness, these cans of oxygen saved my life! At Telluride and Taos we stayed slope side thus always at high altitude. Yes, I went through about a large can a day and a small can per riding. For severer sufferers, a lifesaver. It’s now like part of my gear.”
The cans she shared are sold by Boost Oxygen and cost about $20 a can on Amazon. Before you go out and buy them, however, remember that you can’t bring oxygen cans on a plane (in a carry-on or a checked bag since they’re combustible). Instead, if you’re going to a mountain resort, you might consider having them delivered to your hotel/rental in advance. The hotel also may have them for sale (at a premium), so be sure to check with the front desk.
Have you used a can of oxygen in high elevation before? What did you think? Leave a comment below.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.