These days it seems that everyone wants to outdo one another on Instagram and other social media outlets by taking the best photos. However, the dirty little trick in the Instagram world is that the majority of beautiful photos being posted are done using SLR cameras and not phone cameras. The picture-perfect night photos are usually taken with a bulky tripod, and who wants to carry one of those? Most tripods are so large that they need to be checked—which means more money and time—and are awkward and heavy to carry. Bulky tripods also prevent photographers from taking photos on the sly, and some countries won’t even allow you to bring one in unless you have a special permit (ahem, Morocco).
These are some of the reasons why the MeFOTO BackPacker Air Tripod is so popular (I was stoked they sent me one). It’s a lot smaller and lighter than the industry ones and it has HyperLock leg locks (as do the other tripods and monopods in the MeFOTO Air family), which makes it much faster to lock and unlock than traditional tripods and monopods that have nine to 15 leg locks.
What’s even more attractive is the fact that the telescoping center column can be used as a selfie stick with the included Bluetooth remote and smartphone adapter. The MeFOTO BackPacker Air Tripod weighs two pounds while the Walkabout Monopod is just 0.9 pounds, and both can fit in small- and medium-sized bags. The MeFOTO BackPacker Air Tripod retails for $125 and is available on Amazon or MeFOTO.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.