G’day! I’m extremely fortunate to have been to Australia over a half dozen times and it’s become one of my favorite countries in the world. When I’m down under, I almost always spend a few days in the state of Queensland.
It’s a tropical paradise and I’m happy to report that I’ve just teamed up with Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) and Delta Vacations to offer an incredible opportunity for someone to win a five-day trip for themselves. Everything but some meals is included: Flights to/from Sydney, five nights’ accommodation in Queensland, plus domestic flights within Queensland.
How to enter:
To enter to win, all you have to do is write a 500-word blog post in English about what YOU would do in 5 days in Queensland. It doesn’t matter if you’ve been before or not. TEQ will work with the winner to turn their post into their itinerary (within budget and availability constraints, of course.) There’s also an option to extend your trip a few more days if you want to attend the Problogger conference on the Gold Coast on September 13-14, 2013. TEQ will pay for your conference registration and two nights’ accommodation + bonus day/night for optional ‘pop up’ Gold Coast experiences if the winner is available to travel at this time.
Enter in three easy steps:
-Write a 500-word or less blog post entitled ‘What I would do in five days in Queensland’
-Publish your post on your blog
-Tweet your post, using the hashtag #5DaysInQueensland and Cc @JohnnyJet and email [email protected].
-Entries will be judged on creativity, ability to inspire interest in Queensland and clarity of writing.
- Entries must be received by midnight June 23 PDST with the winner to be notified within seven business days.
- Travel must be conclude by June 30, 2014 (some blackout dates apply – especially around major peak season periods such as Christmas, Easter, etc.)
- Winning blogger agrees to write two exclusive posts for the Queensland blog about their experiences in Queensland
- Winning blogger agrees to write a minimum of two posts for their own blog about their travels in Queensland, plus additional social media posts such as Twitter, Instagram, etc. Details to be confirmed once a winner is selected.
- Additional expenses such as meals, alcohol and sundries not included in the itinerary.
- Here are ALL of the official rules.
To kick things off I’ve written a post on my Top 5 Things to Do in Queensland!
Ready to enter? Get writing and good luck!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.